CHAPTER FIVE

KENNEDY'S POV

I JUST STARED AT HIM not knowing what to do.

"Mommy, look at this baby duck," Layla said, running up to me with a book in her hands.

Logan looked down at Layla with curious eyes. Then he looked at me.

"Logan, this is my daughter, Layla," I said, and he raised his eyebrow.

"So you're married already?" He asked, and he started to ramble on."I'm sorry that I asked you that. I had no clue that you had a husband....."

I placed my hand over his mouth to make him stop talking.

"I don't have a husband or a boyfriend," I told him before looking at Layla,"Layla, sweetie, can you go sit over there for a minute?"

She nodded,"Okie-dokie."

When she was gone, I removed my hand from Logan's mouth.

"I got pregnant with Layla in high school," I told Logan.

His mouth went into an 'o' shape,"So where is her father?"

I shrugged,"Who knows?"

I know exactly where he's at, but I wasn't going to tell a complete stranger about him.

"Okay since that's cleared up. Will you marry me?" Logan asked me again.

"I'm sorry, but no. No offense but I'm not going to marry a guy I barely know," I said, shaking my head.

"But you owe me a favor," Logan reminded me.

"By favor I was thinking of buying you coffee or helping you with something. Not marrying you," I said.

"And you are technically helping me with something," Logan said, making me look at him confused. "I'm in arrange marriage with Katelynn Clare, and I don't want to marry her."

"And what does that have to do with me?" I asked him.

"My mother made me a deal if I find somebody to marry me in forty-eight hours, she won't make me get married to Katelynn," He explained.

"I'm sorry, Logan, but I can't just fall in love with you in forty eight hours. That only happens in fairytales," I said, shaking my head.

"You don't have to love me. Just pretend. Just for a few months. I have a penthouse, and we can have separate rooms. We don't even have to talk to each other unless we're in public.

And think about you and Layla. You won't have to be busting your ass off everyday to support you and her. You two can have more time together," Logan said, looking back at Layla.

I licked my lips,"Can I time to think about it?"

He nodded,"Yes. I need an answer by tomorrow before lunch though."

I nodded and he said,"Goodbye, Kennedy."

"Goodbye, Logan," I replied before he walked passed me. I heard the bell above the door ring, meaning he left.