CHAPTER FOURTEEN

LOGAN'S POV

SEEING KENNEDY CRY BREAKS my heart.

When Kennedy told Layla, she started to cry, too, and it physically hurts me that I can't do anything to make them feel better.

The funeral was being held in Kennedy's hometown Thursday. I helped her by booking a private jet this afternoon.

"Logan, you don't have to come if you don't want to. I completely understand," Kennedy told me as we started packing our bags.

I shook my head,"I'm coming."

I already called my office to let them know that I won't be in town for the next couples days. I also called my mother, and she was mad that she has to cancel interviews.

But did I care?

No I didn't.

The only thing I care about right now is Kennedy and Layla.

And speaking of Layla, she is taking a nap with Prince Bluey in her room.

She was exhausted after crying, so Kennedy told her that she could take a nap while we pack.

Kennedy zipped up her suitcase, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I glanced to see that her hands were shaking. Without thinking, I gently grabbed her hands, making her flinch back a little.

"Kennedy, breathe. Everything is going to okay, I promise," I told her, rubbing my thumb on her hand.

"How is this going to be okay? My father is dead," she cried as a few tears rolled down her cheeks.

Mine is too.

"I know it's going to be okay because I lost my father when I was fifteen years old," I said before taking a deep breath.

I rarely talk about my father. Jake and Cole know he died, but they don't know exactly how he died nor do they bring him up in a conversation.

"I'm so sorry, Logan," Kennedy apologized, making me shrug.

"You feel like you can't breathe and when you do feel it, it's hurts like a bitch. That pain you are feeling is never going to go away, but over time, it will ease. Losing your parent is one of the hardest thing you will ever have to face in life," I explained as my eyes started watering.

I cleared my throat, trying to blink away the tears.

"You know, I didn't want to own Knight's Enterprises," I told Kennedy who furrowed her eyebrows. "I wanted to be a doctor. I wanted to save lives; do something good in this cruel world. The only other person who knows about this was my father. He actually believed in me, and he was very supportive of my decision. He wasn't mad or sad. He just wanted me to be happy unlike my mother."

I never told anybody any of this. I thought it didn't matter since he was dead, and I had to take over. My mother wouldn't understand and she would say that it was nonsense since I'm the heir of a billion dollar company.

"My father died from cancer. For his last couple months, it was awful. He was extremely weak, and he couldn't move for nothing. It was difficult to watch him die slowly and painfully," I said as a tear slid down my cheek.