13. "Long and Hard"

Icess

"She's dead to me

"She's dead to me. I put that on my self."

I didn't say anything I just let him go off he needed too by and I was just hyping to listen

" he said she drowns him in the tub. Like holds him down an—" he stopped talking when he croaked out his last word

I rubbed his back when he began shaking again with anger evident in his stance. " lil man ain't even ask  to be here and he going through this shit... nah I know I really don't know what the hell im doing and I might fuck up along the way but I'm getting full custody of him.. I have too"

He was mainly talking to himself I was just hear for emotional support. I was pissed off my damn self. As a mother and a person who has been in the child care field forever seeing/hearing a child going through this pisses me clean tf off but I bit my tongue cause it ain't about me at all.

" A whole new life and she abused him too? Mana told me give her the benefit of the doubt. Fuck her!" He got up and threw another vase. I know this is not the time but I'm not cleaning that up.

"I know you heated right now but if you keep making that much noise Valentino and Ziyah will come in here and see what's happening and I know you don't want them to see you like this right now and I'm not cleaning that up" I whispered the last part but I know he heard it cause a slight smile was on his face.

I called my friend down CPS that I've been working with how long the process is. First I have to go to court so a judge can terminate their rights to him. I took pictures of bruises that he still had and scars that haven't healed just yet. I have to explain to him what's happening because he'll probably have to speak on what has been happening to him.

" When or if your sister shows up to court then what? "

".... I don't know. The anger I have towards her is uncanny. I hope she doesn't put up a fight for someone she just abandoned like he was nothing."

We fell silent for awhile as he was stuck in his thoughts. That's fine with me cause I had my own issues I was working through in my head

Christian being number one

"What you thinking about in that big ass head of yours?"

"My head ain't even that big sir.... Everyone wants me to put Christian on child support officially and to make a long story short he ain't too happy about it when I brought it up"

He didn't say anything so I continued " I just feel like..." I took a breathe cause it pisses me off to the point where I'm going to cry " it's hard being a single mom. My parents, Tink, everyone basically saying put this man on child support and he refuses to pay and now blowing up my phone on some nut shit.

I've been knowing I didn't need him. He wasn't there for half my pregnancy, for my baby shower, shit he wasn't even there when Zy was born. I don't need nothing from him. I got me and my child forever."