Chapter 16 - Never again

"Now that's fucked.."
Reiner leant back in my bed, his eyes trailing the posters hanging from my ceiling as his eyebrows furrowed in confusion, for a dumbass Reiner easily understood the whole situation despite its confusing plot lines, it was like some fucked up story that no matter what nothing ever went right.

Ever since the slap Porco's been blowing up my phone wanting to talk, I haven't even gone to school so I can minimise the chances of seeing him and chewing his head off or ripping my fingernails off one by one in desperate need of an escape to the nurses office away from him.
"So that's it? You two are done with each other?"
Reiner questioned, rising from his slanted down position on my bed to now sat up next to me, his shoulders hunched as he tried his hardest to be comforting, a sigh escaped my lips before turning to look at Reiner to see his concerned eyes stare back into mine.
"Yeah, if he cared enough he would come back to me. So until then I'm done"
I swung up out of my bed, a spring in my step as my body tried convincing my mind that I was okay, that there was nothing wrong and I'd get over it eventually.

I've lived fine before him, I can do it again.

"You have to come back to school y/n, I get it you want to avoid him but you can't put your education in jeopardy because of him"
Reiner slid to the edge of my bed and raised his hand to my arm, his finger-tips grazing my forearm as I felt his breath tingle against my waist, the humming breeze swirling on the small of my back sent a slight shiver up my spine, a similar feeling of when Porco's hands would hold me close and quietly degrade me as the heat of our bodies pressed against each other.

I missed him.
I shouldn't miss him.

It made me angry, despite the amount of shit I've done for him, I brought my guard down, I became a pushover.
A pussy.

Not anymore.

"I think you should go"
I turned to face Reiner as his hand held onto mine, I snapped my hand out of his grasp and sighed watching Reiner rise from the bed
"You sure you're gonna be okay?"
His hand grazed my waist as he towered over me, I nodded my head and let out a chuckle
"Course I'll be okay, I'm not a pussy"
I stood up on my tiptoes and gave him a soft peck on his cheek before he left, listening to the rumbling of his footsteps as he walked down the stairs, his shoes clacking on the laminate floorboards of the halls before hearing the mumbling of my mums voice telling Reiner goodbye as the door slammed shut.

No more.

No more spending moments on what to say and what to do, I've gotten soft and I refuse to have my life altered by that piss-weasel Porco.

I spent the rest of the night putting out an outfit for the return back to school, a black and white plaid mini skirt with black mesh runching underneath puffing out the skirt ever so slightly, ripped fishnet tights, a black sleeveless shirt with blink-182 logo on the front.
The outfit was close to symmetrical to the one that I wore to get Porco's attention the first time, it felt weird dressing up again after weeks of staying in cooped up away in my bedroom dressed in nothing but oversized hoodies and baggy joggers.

Before I knew it it was 6am, 3 hours until school and I wanted to use each minute of those hours making sure there was no flaw you could find on me, first step was to wash the weeks worth of dirt clogged into my pores and the grease out of my roots.
I stripped down out of my scruffs and picked up a towel off of the pile I had created by the door of my bedroom, the change of flooring from the laminate wooden boards to the cold tiles of the bathroom was a change of sensation, shivers trailing up my legs leaving my skin prickly to the touch.

I spent more time than intended in the shower, feeling the filth drain from my body into the drain, like some form of rebirth only to be covered with foundation and eyeliner.
"How are you feeling plum?"
My mum voice chirped from behind me, from the reflection of my mirror i could see her body draped against the doorframe with both hands clasped together onto a large cup of coffee.
A sigh escaped my lip as I held my hand close to my eye applying mascara onto my lower lashes, finishing off my makeup before backing up out of my chair walking towards my underwear drawer, one hand holding up my towel.
"However I'm meant to feel. Done? Fed up? Wondering if I was worth enough for him?"
My eyes darted up to her keeping blunt eye contact as I slipped on underwear under the towel, dropping it to the floor before clasping up the back of my bra and putting on my clothes.
I slumped back down onto my bed and zipped up my knee high boots as I felt my bed get pushed down, mum sitting next to me as she took a sip of her coffee
"Well I'm done, thanks to that shithead I got softer. No more of that."