The Darkest Hour

"The young soldier told me what happened. Viridi is with Lady Palutena right now, and Phosphora is buying us some time." Pit said as he cleans and wraps (Y/N)'s wounds with bandages soaked with the healing waters so they can continue healing out of the Hot Spring. "Thanks, Pit. I'm glad they made it in time and that you and the kids are safe. " She answers, earning a weak smile that quickly turns into a frown.

"After what happened at our temple, I went after Pittoo in an attempt to stop him. We engaged in an intense battle as I tried to bring him back to his senses. I did my best not to hurt him, but..." Pit remembers how intense the fight was, realizing that he fought to finish Dark Pit before he eliminated him "we end up fighting to kill each other." (Y/N) immediately turns to see Pit after those last words, her eyes begging to know what happened after.

"I was found unconscious, and Viridi brought me to Skyworld. The last thing I remember is that he was following Erebus here; however, I'm not sure of his whereabouts nor his physical state. I-I'm sorry... " Pit said as he closes his blue eyes in regret. The tone of his voice tinted with sad frustration.

Mixed feelings invade (Y/N). She is relieved that Pit didn't take her husband's life in that battle, yet she is aware of the dangers of Dark Pit's power in the wrong hands. He has shown how capable he is at keeping Pandora's energy under control, but(Y/N) knows that the goddess' powers are not the real problem.

"He always feared falling to his dark side's will. I'm afraid his nightmare may become true if we don't help him." (Y/N) said as she prepares to return to the battlefield. Pit grabs her hand, refusing to let her go. He looks at her right into her eyes with uncharacteristic seriousness. "I've seen him getting carried away a few times before, but none of them compares to this one. What if it's already too late?" Pit's statement is cold yet full of concern as he thinks of the worst possible outcome.

"He is still there. The fact that you are still alive should be enough to prove it." Pit gets surprised by her bold attitude. Her voice cracks a little, her eyes get watery, but her stare burns with intense determination. "I will save him no matter what it takes! I'm not asking you to come with me if you don't want, but at least don't get in my way. Please, let me go." her last words almost a whisper as tears start flowing.

Pit looks at her and hugs her. His heart hurts to see his friend like this. "(Y/N) are you sure about this?" He tightens his grip a little as he recalls how Dark Pit was willing to shot (Y/N). It all happened very fast; maybe Dark Pit wasn't able to fight back at that moment. Did he need more time to react?

When he fought against him, the thing was different. His dark clone came back to his senses for a few seconds, acknowledging that Dark Pit could've killed him if he wanted. Could it be that this time he will listen to her? (Y/N) is his wife, after all. The most important person in his life. But what if he doesn't? Is she willing to do what she must?

"I know what you are scared of, Pit. But let me tell you that I'm ready to carry that burden if necessary." She said with her eyes fixed on her daughter at the other side of the room. She takes a deep breath and lets the last tear run through her cheek before releasing herself from Pit's embrace and holding her necklace. "However, I have something to protect more than just Skyworld. You can be certain that I will fight for that."

Pit looks at her, surprised by her determination, yet he finds himself at peace with her attitude. "I'm sure you will. You can count on me, (Y/N) we will save him." He gives her a reassuring smile, and both of them make their way towards the battlefield.

*******************************************************************************************

A powerful thunderstorm releases on the battlefield, destroying some of the smaller shadow creatures that remained. The Forces of Nature fight side by side with the Light Army, trying to stop Erebus' dark creatures.

"V-Viridi... You are here." The green-haired goddess said as the Goddess of Nature approaches her. "Palutena, look at you! Are you dying here? I might decide to exterminate humans again if you are not around." Viridi jokes with an angry tone yet a worried demeanor. "We c-can't let that happen, can... we?" The Goddess of Light answers with a faint smile.

"No, that's why I need to stop this spell, but the only one able to cast darkness away is you. " Viridi extends both hands over Palutena's body as she concentrates her energy. Suddenly diamonds start emerging from the ground creating a tent around Palutena. "These gems will protect you and help you magnify your power of light. However, you are too weak to do anything by yourself right now. Please, accept my power and purify yourself from this curse."

Lady Palutena starts recovering strength thanks to Viridi. She closes her green eyes and concentrates her energy to create a halo of light above her body. The diamonds act as a magnifying glass distributing the luminescence to cover her body completely.

"No! You won't get away with this," Erebus shouts as he sees Viridi helping Palutena. He starts running towards the goddesses with his blade in hand and some shadow wolf-like creatures. However, Phosphora immediately notices his intentions and attacks him with a series of electric orbs. Her attack destroys the creatures and hit Erebus, stopping him from arriving towards her goddess. With one last effort, the Goddess of Nature seals both of them inside a rock dome. "It's all in your hands now, Palutena." Viridi sits down exhausted, expecting and hoping that this nightmare ends soon.

The God of Darkness falls on one knee due to the electric attack. He clenches his teeth and punches the ground as he glares at Phopshora. "You will pay for this!" he said while commanding his creatures to attack the electric blonde. A horde of all sorts of beats runs towards the woman, quickly outmatching her. "Die already wretched beats! " She screams as the darkness' minions persist in attacking her. Due to her weariness from her previous battle, she is incapable of defending herself from all of them.

Finally, the creatures manage to restrain her movement and bring her to the ground. As soon as she touches the ground, her body paralyzes. "I must say that your power has taken me off guard. You have proven to be more of a nuisance than what I have expected." Her lilac eyes with a piercing glare on the man before her as she groans in anger. "I can't let such power roam freely. It's a good night for you, blondie." with that said, Phosphora is engulfed by the dense darkness in the field.

The god disperses his dark army as soon as he notices the centurions and Viridi's troops coming after him. He stands up with some difficulty before absorbing some of his shadows to regain strength. "I have to end this right now." Nyx's energy helped him magnify his abilities and acquire her power, but he is aware of his limits. Every time he summons a beast of his power leaves with it. Even though having an army is risky, he knows that fighting alone would end like his previous defeat against Palutena ages ago.

The dark curse is his way to get rid of the guardian of humans as the Goddess of Light is his threat. He can't allow Palutena to heal. His blood boils with anger with the thought of letting the goddess alive. Clouded by anger and desperation, he covers himself with his characteristic purple dusk to create a monster to protect himself, a manticore.

The lion with bat wings and scorpion tail fly towards the dome showing the god's determination to end the battle once and for all. It attacks with its sharp claws and pointed tail, trying to penetrate the solid rock. Viridi reinforces the dome from the inside with vines to prevent it from falling apart and crates sharp and pointed rocks on the outside.

The Goddess of Nature trembles as she tries to keep the barrier between them up. She shared half of her strength with the green-haired woman to preserve her life; thanks to that, it is getting hard to resist Erebus' power. "I can't.. keep this up..." her strength runs out due to fatigue causing the dome to collapse above her. 

A/N

Hey, Dani here!

Thank you for your patience, and I owe you an apology. I'm sorry for being out for so long, I know that many of you have been waiting for the next chapter of this story. I'm really thankful that you've decided to keep up with me, even though I tend to disappear from time to time. 

Life has been a roller coaster for me lately, and I thank God that He has been with me all this time.  I also thank you for your comments, you just made me remember how much I love writing and how beautiful it is to share it with all of you.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter and I hope to see you all next time.

Dani out.