Fading Light

No One's POV

"Hahahahaha!" Nyx laughed annoying Lady Palutena. The Goddess of Light releases her grip on the evil goddess as she stands in front of Erebus. A serious but aggressive demeanor on her face.

Erebus turned his sight to Nyx. He furrows his brows and starts moving towards Lady Palutena. The goddess stiffens but prepares herself to attack. "How dare you?" His voice was low but his fury was very audible.

"We should kill her already! And when we are done I'm taking your eyes!" Nyx gets up as she threatens Skyworld's goddess. Lady Palutena turns to see her with the corner of her eye so she doesn't lose sight of Erebus.  "Yeah... You won't defeat me ever again." The God of Darkness said as he casts shadows covering the area.

"And I won't make the same mistake twice. This time I'll kill you for sure!" Lady Palutena charged at highspeed towards Erebus. She casts three light orbs and throws them at him. "Pathetic!" Erebus threw three shadow beasts to stop the attack. The beast eats the light orbs and disappears within a burst of light.

Lady Palutena clicks her tongue before casting a column of light below Erebus. The god uses a black hole to absorb the light. "Oh Palutena, your tricks don't work anymore." He laughed and disappeared into the darkness surrounding her.

"Attack!" Nyx shouted ordering her zombie owl to attack the goddess. "I forgot about it!" The green-haired woman cursed under her breath as she evaded the attack. "What's wrong, Palutena?! You are not that powerful are you?!" Nyx added with a sadistic tone while laughing hysterically.

"Not so fast!" The Goddess of Light levitates higher and starts shooting light beams to the dark area. Darkness disappears where the beam hits leaving the area clear. She hit Nyx's owl but the zombie creature doesn't feel any pain. Before Lady Palutena can react the bird catches her in the air pinning her down to the ground.

"That was a nice move Palutena. Too bad it was for nothing." Erebus said as he appears from Nyx's shadow. The owl screeches centimeters away from her face dripping all its corpse's fluids on her. "Get off disgusting crow!" She shouts as she tries to release herself from its grip. The owl had its claws on her hands making it impossible to attack.

This is bad... Well, at least I can buy some time. (Y/N) needs to regain strength before she can come to help me again, and I know Viridi will be here soon. I just need to entertain them a bit more. Lady Palutena thought since she was running out of ideas.

"Take this!" She makes the owl flinch with a flash coming from her halo. She takes advantage of that moment and rolls to the side moving away from the beast.

"Get her!" Once again, the creature charges against the green-haired woman but this time she prepares for the attack. Lady Palutena makes her staff appear on her left hand and activates her superspeed. In a blink of an eye, she pierced the owl's body. "No!!!" Nyx screams as if she shared her body with her owl.

"Now fight me like a man!" Lady Palutena said to Erebus while pointing her staff at him. The God of Darkness gives her a groan in response. "We are just getting started." He throws his cape away and takes his sword out of its sheath.

Silence prevailed for a second before engaging in battle. "Agh!" Erebus swings his sword but the goddess blocks it with her shield.

"He's stronger!"  She thought while pushing the sword away.  He quickly attacks again giving Lady Palutena almost no time to counter.

"It's useless!" Erebus said as the goddess keeps blocking his attacks. "There!" She sees an opening and attacks the god. Thanks to his armor, he could endure the attack but he still flinches.