A/B/O

In this AU everything is born a certain status

Alpha: Strong, dominant, and have powerful pheromones

Beta: Average and normal human

Omega: Weak, submissive and have sickeningly sweet pheromones, they can also get pregnant regardless of gender.

♦♦♦

Alphas make up 20% of the population

Betas make up 69% of the population 

Omegas make up 20% of the population

True Alphas make up 0.1% of the population

♦♦♦

Omegas are often quiet, gentle, and compassionate people. They are often short in stature. It is in their tendency to rely on Alphas or on their partner, Betas. They can become pregnant by either. Omega males are extremely rare and are typically sought after if they are discovered. Every three months, Omegas go through a one-week heat. It's a grueling process that can only be aided by an alpha or beta if one is their mate.

If an Omega has intercourse during their heat, they have an extremely high probability of becoming pregnant.

When an Alpha or Beta bites the back of an Omega's neck, it marks and mates them with that Alpha or Beta. This means that only they can assist the omega during the heat. This will make the omega their mate.

During a heat, omegas emit a scent that attracts alphas to mate. Pills were created to not halt the heat but remove the scent. Heats are important and required to live a healthy life. Omegas are delicate and were not designed or developed to be violent or around violence. It is harmful both physically and emotionally. For their own protection, Omegas are not authorized to work in a job that involves violence.

Omegas are treasured and safeguarded by society, and those who sell or abuse them are arrested and prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

♦♦♦

True alphas are exceedingly uncommon. They have unique characteristics and capabilities that conventional alphas do not. True Alphas are born with both male and female reproductive organs. Nobody understands why. They have pheromone control and can dominate anybody, including Alphas. True Alphas have the highest ranking of all.

They are powerful and natural leaders.

The last known genuine alpha was witnessed 500 years ago.

Alphas become stuck in a rut where they have sex with their partner and then knot them to assure conception. It lasts two weeks and occurs once every three months. Alphas use several medications that offer them control over their ruts. During a rut, Alphas typically lose control and will do everything to alleviate the agony.

True alphas go through the same situation, but they have a stronger inherent resistance to the rut's lunacy.

♦♦♦

Smell-marking is the act of rubbing one's scent glands against the scent glands of another.

The act of directing using the Alpha voice is known as the Alpha command. This is quite successful on Omegas, and it also works on Betas, but not on True Alphas. No one can disobey a true Alpha's order.

It is against the law to employ Alpha command on someone who is not a mate.

♦♦♦

Because Omegas are fragile and easily stressed, they have a built-in coping strategy known as nesting. Omegas will seek out odors that soothe and satisfy them and use them to construct a nest. It is sacred to them and serves as a safe refuge.

Nesting momentarily puts an Omega in a state of euphoria.

Omegas guard their nests fiercely. Only those that have been scent-marked can access their nest.

Omegas typically nest only where they feel safe.