Chapter 23 [M]

"Talking"

'Thinking'

Dream

Alpha Command

Hotaru moves away from Nox, straighening herself and grabbing the tray off the nightstand

"I made you breakfast." She smiles, placing the tray on the bed.

The whiplash Nox was getting from her sudden change in behavior made his brain flicker. It takes him a moment to look down at the food. It was pancakes with bacon, eggs, and whipped cream.

It looked amazing.

While he's looking down at the food, Nox then becomes painfully aware that his grip on the sheets had disappeared. He tried to cover up with his arm but it didn't leave much to be imagined. Hotaru doesn't comment on it which Nox is a little thankful for.

He quickly eats the food, scarfing everything down. It was delicious and he hadn't eaten in hours apparently. He'd never slept for that long before, how did he get on the plane? Who carried him?

He had quite a few questions but there was one way more important that he desperately needed to know.

He clears his throat before speaking. "Hotaru." He utters, knowing she'll hear him.

She looks up while placing the tray back on the nightstand. "Yes?"

Nox hesitates a bit before finally asking, "Why am I dressed like this?"

Hotaru doesn't answer at first, she grabs a napkin and daps the corner of his mouth. Making Nox stiffen for a moment.

"Why not?" She responds.

That threw Nox off for a bit, why not? There were thousands of reasons! As if reading his mind she says, "hmm, forget why not. Do you like it?"

Nox blinked. "I-" How was he supposed to answer that? He could lie, but she's been nothing but honest to him, he can't just lie to her.

Too embarrassed to speak he looks away at the window before nodding.

A hand gently grabs his chin and guides him to face her again. "Then that's that baby."

'B-baby.' Why was that one word turning him inside out?

Nox felt like he was going to melt. He basically does as he leans heavily against her hands, looking down at her with hooded eyes. What was his life anymore, what was he doing? This was ridiculous, he was ridiculous, he was 30 years old, why was he acting like this?

'Cause it's the real me.' He's never been like his real self in front of anyone. It felt weird, but good at the same time.

"Good boy." She compliments, caressing his face with both her hands.