Chapter 28 [M]

"Talking"

'Thinking'

Dream

Alpha Command

Nox's heart raced in his chest, his senses heightened in a way he had never experienced before

Nox's heart raced in his chest, his senses heightened in a way he had never experienced before. Every fiber of his being pulsed with a fiery energy, almost like the mesmerizing ebb and flow of molten lava.

Every tiny sensation, from the air brushing against his skin to the distant hum of the mansion's lights, seemed to echo loudly in his ears, the stark intensity making him acutely aware of his surroundings.

Underneath him, the nest felt disheveled and messy. Nox's heightened senses were now picking up on every tiny imperfection, every misaligned cushion, and every loose piece of clothing. The urge to adjust and perfect it for the impending claim was overpowering. The nest, a symbol of protection and comfort, needed to reflect the importance of the ritual they were about to complete.

However, before Nox could make any adjustments, a firm but gentle grip encircled his waist, pulling him backward with a surprising force. Nox was confused for a moment before he found himself staring into Hotaru's intense eyes, shimmering with a mix of emotions - anticipation, desire, and a hint of mischief.

"Patience, Angel," she whispered, her voice husky. Her fingers traced patterns on his skin, grounding him amidst the storm of sensations threatening to overwhelm him. "The nest can wait."

Nox swallowed hard, trying to find his voice. The proximity to Hotaru, the intensity of the situation, and the myriad sensations coursing through him were a difficult combination. "It needs to be perfect, Alpha," he managed to say, though the words came out softer than he'd intended.

Like a whisper.

She chuckled, a soft, lilting sound that soothed his restless heated energy. "Perfection lies in the imperfections," she murmured, leaning in and brushing her lips against his. "Tonight is about us, not the nest."

Nox couldn't help but melt into her touch, her words grounding him and reminding him of the essence of the moment. The nest, their surroundings, all of it was secondary to the bond they were about to form.

With Hotaru's words echoing in his mind, he allowed himself to be enveloped in the warmth of the moment, letting go of his anxieties.

Nox's heart raced, echoing loud in his ears, and he could feel the warmth of Hotaru's breath on his face, the gentle rise and fall of her chest pressing against him. The room was thick with tension, every second stretching out like an eternity.

The scent of their mingled arousal was intoxicating, their scent making Nox's head spin even more. The undercurrent of danger, combined with the raw desire emanating from Hotaru, was overwhelming. He could hear the rustle of clothes as Hotaru adjusted her crotch, the soft friction creating a symphony in the silence.