a day together

Emily's POV
When u woke up, Franklin was asleep next to me. God. We did it.

I got up and made coffee for JJ and made pancakes. Well. Tried. I burnt them and it woke up JJ, she thought there was a fire.

She fixed breakfast and I went to get ready. We had the week off to help Franklin settle in so we wanted to take him shopping.

I heard laughing coming from the kitchen and found the two of them spilling syrup everywhere.

"Good morning." He said with a smile. "Well good morning Franklin. How'd you sleep?" I asked.

"Really good. I had a dream that I was a superhero and saved people." He laughed. JJ's smile was brighter than ever.

After we cleaned up and got ready, we started our shopping day. We started at a kid store to get random things: clothes, toys, blankets.

JJ was the one that had to say no to things because I wanted to buy so much shit. Like there was this Batman lego set that I wanted, but she said no.

We finished at that store and went to buy food. Basically whatever he said he wanted, we got. I don't think I have ever bought so many snacks in my life.

When we got home, I put the food away while JJ helped Franklin decorate his room. We had gotten posters for the walls and new sheets for his bed.

I put his clothes in his closet and he reached for pajamas. "Are you tired already little man?" JJ said. Franklin nodded and sat on the floor. "I haven't had a shopping day before. I'm tired." He groaned.

"Do you want us to get you all ready for bed? Maybe read a book?" I asked. He nodded and I grabbed the pajamas and helped him change. He got in bed and pointed at the book he wanted.

Together, we started to read If You Give a Mouse a Cookie. By the end of it he was falling asleep.

"Are you my mommies now?" He asked. JJ's mouth hung open as she tried to answer. "If you want us to be yes. We would love that." I replied for the both of us.

"I think that would be nice." He whispered. JJ started tearing up and kissed his forehead. "Goodnight darling." She said. I did the same and followed her out of the room.

"He wants us to be. Em. We did it." She whispered as soon as the door closed. "We're moms Jennifer. We did it."