pizza party

Emily's POV
JJ and I got called to the school. Normally when my mom got this call, it was because I punched a kid.

"Hello. I am the principal and I think we need to talk about Franklin's grade next year." Some lady said when we walked in.

"If he's getting held back it wasn't our faults." JJ stated. The principal laughed and kept talking.

"Oh not at all. Normally in 5 year olds, like Franklin, kids have a way of learning so many new things. He is a very clever kid and his teachers and I agree that he should skip a grade next year."

My jaw kinda dropped. I always got held back, never moved up. "This would mean he would go from first grade to third next year, and that's only if you allow it."

I looked at JJ and she nodded. "We think that is a good idea." She said. We went through all the paperwork and finally got to leave.

"We raised a genius." I said sitting in the car. "Yes we did."

When Franklin got off the bus we told him the plan. He would finish this year and go right to third grade next year.

He was pretty happy so we went out to dinner. The next day at work we spent the day bragging to the team.

"Our kid is so smart, he doesn't need second grade." I was telling everyone.

"Ah. So I see JJ passed her smarts to him. He couldn't have gotten it from you." Elle said. I flipped her off and we started talking about her life.

They had a baby girl named Elizabeth two years ago. She has been forming full sentences and Spencer was so happy.

"Normally when a child is two years old they really only know about 50 words and form two-word sentences." Reid said.

"Which just means that our kid is a talking genius." Elle said, cutting him off.

"Oh both my little godkids are smart. They get it from me. But, we need to plan another family dinner. I miss all of you." Penelope said.

We planned on meeting at Hotch's for pizza next week.

"How long will we be here?" Franklin complained when we got there. "As long as the wine is still there." JJ said, helping him out.

When we got in he ran to the kitchen and got a Cheetos from the pantry. "I wonder who taught him that." I said with a smirk.

"Um. Not sure." JJ said walking towards him. I met with Derek and Spencer outside and watched as Penelope played with Elizabeth.

"Elle says pizza is here." JJ said, her mouth was covered in orange dust. The boys laughed and walked away as I wiped her face.

"God it's like I have two children." I said when I saw Franklin with the same mess on his face. I got him food and he sat on the couch and watched tv.

All the adults ate outside and our night ended when JJ fell asleep on my shoulder. Derek carried a sleeping Franklin to the car and I drove home.