back on a case

Franklin's POV
"Um. So yeah. My moms know. And they are coming up today.

My fiancé Sophia seemed confused. "They know what? About it?" She asked. I nodded. "Oh. How long do we have until they are here?"

"2 hours. So I have dinner plans and hopefully nothing happens." I smiled. We got ready and met them at an Applebee's.

"Well, good afternoon son." JJ said, clearly annoyed. Sophia choked on her water and I just sat there. "Anything you want to tell us?" Emily asked.

"Okay so we were planning on telling you but then my friend spoiled it on social media." Sophia spit out. "But it's true."

"Oh thank god." JJ said, leaning back. "We thought it was a drunk post or something."

Ok so they aren't mad. That's a good thing. "So we're grandmas?" Emily asked and we both nodded. They grinned and congratulated us. Dinner went well.

We told them all about our plans and they said they would help with whatever they could. They got a hotel for the night and we said goodbye to them the next morning.

Emily's POV
"It's just so exciting. I mean, my little boy is having a baby. Our little boy. This is just amazing news. I'll have to take Sophia shopping the first chance I get."

Penelope was going on and on about what we told her. She was planning a baby shower, a shopping day and who knows what else.

I let her ramble, I mean it wasn't hurting anyone. Hotch broke up her thoughts and gave us a case.

"Couples have been killed in northern Colorado. The locals are asking for our help." He explained everything we needed to know and released us to the jet. 30 minutes later, we were flying.

"JJ and Reid go talk to the families. Elle and Morgan go to the recent crime scene. Rossi join Prentiss and visit the first crime scene. I'll go to the station and set up." We split and left for the day.

"This was the longest day of my life. Why do people get murdered?" JJ asked, falling on the bed. I just laughed as I read my book.

"Well I guess that's why we're here." I smiled. She rolled her eyes and turned to face me. "I love you." She whispered. I looked at her and put my book down.

"What? Is everything ok?" She nodded. "I just don't tell you enough." I laid next to her and just looked at her.

"You'd tell me if something was wrong right?" I asked. She nodded and I kissed her forehead. We fell asleep and met with the team in the morning.

We spent a week trying to catch the unsub. Hotch was getting annoyed and pulled me aside. He gave me a look and I knew what he wanted.

"Not happening." I stated, crossing my arms. "How badly do you need it?" I asked. "Really bad."

"If anything happens to her, I quit." He nodded and I walked away. JJ found me and ran to walk by me. "What happened?"

"Hotch wants us to go undercover. We haven't found anything and we're the couple of the team. He wants us to go on dates and try to be seen by the unsub."

"Oh. That's not that bad. Is there a problem with that?"
"Yes. What if something happens to you?"
"Then the team comes and saves us. Not just me. Us."
"Jay..."
"No Emily. I will not let you kill yourself to save me." She stepped in front of me and we stopped walking.

"Promise me if I am in danger you won't hurt yourself to save me." She stated.

"Jennifer."

"Promise me Emily." She practically yelled. I had no choice.

"I promise."