vacation

Emily's POV
We spent a week in Dublin. No one had called and it was so nice. There were no responsibilities or people needing me. We had a flight booked for today and JJ was already packed.

She made sure to buy everyone gifts. There was a full bag full of presents. We got up and left our hotel bright and early. I helped her get the bags through security and we boarded the plane easily.

Originally, we were staying for three more day. However, JJ wanted time to spend home alone together. No one knew we were arriving today. We got home and slept for hours.

"I have a surprise." JJ said as soon as I woke up. She gave me a dress code, clothes that could get dirty. She was wearing skinny jeans, a sweatshirt and a raincoat.

I wasn't allowed to ask questions until we got somewhere. She drove for a while and we eventually were in the country. Trees were everywhere and there was an ATV sitting by her parking spot.

"We are going to do something I grew up doing. When I was a kid, my family would go on ATV rides through the woods. So I wanted to bring you." She smiled.

This wasn't my idea of a surprise but seeing the smile on her face made it ok. She told me what I had to do, luckily she drove.

"If I fall off you are sleeping on the couch." I stated. "That's perfectly fine." She smiled. She got on and helped me get behind her.

"Hold on."
"To what? There's no handles."
"Me. Duh."

I wasn't given a chance to think before she started driving towards a trail. It led us through the trees on a dirt trail. It was bumpy and I held on to JJ's waist.

"Don't you dare Jennifer Marie Prentiss-Jareau. I will literally divorce you right now." I yelled. We were parked right in front of a mud puddle. JJ laughed as she saw it and I knew what she was thinking.

"Is like to see you try." She stated. I held on tighter as she gunned it through. Somehow she made sure my legs got covered in mud. It was like she knew how to get me.

"I hate you so much."
"No you don't. You're practically hanging onto me."

I let go and rolled my eyes. We made it back to the car and it's safe to say, the car will need to be cleaned. I had mud everywhere: my clothes, my shoes, my hair. I now understand the dress code.

"There is dust and mud everywhere." I groaned. "Well good. I guess we need to shower." She grinned. So we did. It was a nice hot shower.

I hate to admit it but, today was really fun. Spending a day without anything to do. Just with my best friend.

Honestly, I'm tired of the BAU. I mean I love it. I do. But I'm old. And I don't know if I can do it anymore.

"I love you." JJ said when we got into bed. "Love you too." I smiled. She looked at me and looked confused. "Is everything ok?"

"What if I retired?"