girls night

JJ's POV
Franklin was going on vacation with one of his friends so naturally I spent all my time with him.

I took off time from work to spend the day together, I claimed he had a fever. We dropped Emily at work, she wanted to give us time alone, and went to breakfast.

"I'm getting the all you can eat pancakes." I said as soon as I saw the menu. "Me too." Franklin said and we quickly put in our order.

"I bet I can eat more pancakes than you mommy." He said. It was on. On each plate was two small pancakes, simple.

I started slow and then ate like 2 times what he did. Originally, I wasn't going to beat him, but I had to.

After eating at least five plates, we left. On the way I stopped to get him a new swimsuit. And I also got me stuff too.

When we got home, he took a nap. For an 8 year old, he sleeps a lot. I packed got his trip and got everything ready.

Soon it was time to grab Emily and I woke up Franklin. We bought Chinese food on the way home and Franklin had a plate of white rice.

"You both know fifth grade is kinda important right?" Emily said when we told her about our adventures. "Well mom said it wasn't that important."

My eyes got wide and Emily laughed. "Snitch." I said as I took some rice. I cleaned up and Emily helped him finish packing.

His friend was coming tomorrow morning to start a road trip. We had the weekend to ourselves. Emily and I said goodnight before turning off the light.

I changed and payed next to Emily. "What do we do with two whole days?" I asked. "We call Penelope and Elle and have a girls night."

"Yes. Can we do that? I miss girls night. It's been too long." I pleaded. "I know. Good thing I planned if all today."

I smiled and got under the covers. I said goodnight and feel asleep.

"Shots!" Penelope yelled as she came back with eight shot glasses. "I think you're going to kill me." Elle groaned.

"We are making up for lost time. Now drink up bitches." She said with a smile. It burned. She pulled us up to dance and I almost fell over.

We spent at least an hour dancing before going back to our seats. "I missed this. Us. We never see each other anymore." I said with a pout.

"Me too. We need more kid-free team dinners. I love them but no. I don't need to be spit up on every time." Elle said.

"Only I will spit up on you when we drink." Penelope said, definitely drunk. "Okay let's get you home." Emily said. We got in an Uber and all stayed at our place.

Penelope passed out on the couch as soon as we got through the door and Elle slept in a chair. When I woke up Penelope was next to me. I just went back to bed.

After getting woken up by Elle jumping on me, I finally asked what had happened.

"So basically after you fell asleep I put Penelope in my spot because you two both sleep late after a night out and we don't." Emily said.

"Nobody woke me up and somehow I slept in a very soft queen bed." Penelope said walking out to join us.

"Yeah we slept together." I said as her jaw dropped. "Not like that."

"Okay good. Because I love you but you would never cheat and..." She said. "Pen." I said cutting her off. "Emily switched with you so we could sleep in later."

She laughed and nodded and I brought everyone coffee. We sobered up a little more and they both got rides home. I went back to bed to sleep the rest of the day.

I forgot how much energy girls night takes.