camping

JJ's POV
Last night was our going away party. Penelope planned it, duh. It was nice. Franklin came alone, Sophia couldn't make it. It was nice and small.

It felt so good for everything to be over. No more running into danger. I finally felt like a weight was taken off my shoulders. I'll always have Emily.

The fear of losing her everyday is gone. It was horrible. Every time we went on a case and we weren't together I couldn't breathe.

But we're ok. We have a granddaughter on the way. I get to spend every second with her. We can finally relax. Something I haven't done in years.

We were going on a road trip. Just me and Emily. I wanted to have another camping trip. Being outside in nature, I miss it. We just started driving.

When I was a kid, we would do this thing called a dice roll road trip. Basically, you take a die, roll it and it determines where you go. 1,6 you turn left, 2,5 go straight and 3,4 turn right. It's super fun.

Emily and I took turns driving. We ended up in the woods and started getting set up.

"This is horrible. How the hell does it work?" Emily asked after spending 15 minutes trying to set up a tent. I ran over and helped her.

"You're cute when your mad."
"Shut up."
"Make me." I smirked.

She tossed me the keys and started walking towards the car. "You coming?" She asked. I immediately joined her.

We obviously had car sex before making food. I thought her how to build a fire and I set up the tent as she made food.

"This is kind of fun." She smiled. "It would be better if we weren't in the middle of the woods."

"Yeah. This is like where the unsubs go." She laughed. "Emily don't say that!" I yelled at her. "What? It's true. You scared Jareau?"

"No shit. Now I'm scared."
"Don't worry, I'll protect you."
"You better. If I hear one weird noise I'm out."

Emily's POV
We put out the fire and went to bed. It was nice spending time alone. In the middle of the night I got a call from Franklin. This is it.

"Hey mom. Uh we are on the way to the hospital. Sophia is giving birth. Get here please I don't know what to do." He was frantic it was funny.

I calmed him down and woke JJ. "No." She groaned and rolled over. "Ok. I guess I'll be the favorite gramma." She shot up and took my phone.

"It's happening? Oh my god. We can be there soon. I love you." And she hung up. "Pack up." She said.

She threw everything in the car without packing and we left in 15 minutes. She sped her way to whatever hospital they were at. We were there within a couple hours and Franklin met us outside.

"She's fine. Her mom is here and the doctors are doing something." He brought us upstairs and we waited.