the social worker part 2

JJ's POV
I held onto Franklin for what felt like forever. When I finished crying I looked at him.

"What happened? Is everything ok?" I said.

"I got called out of math and then the guy brought me to see this other guy named Will. He said he was my dad and was being mean. Then I was brought here."

I was livid. I knew Will saw him, I had no idea he talked to him. "He said he was your dad?"

"Yeah he said you were with him and then dated Emily and you were pregnant with me. But I tried to tell him he was wrong."

"He is very wrong. That man has no relation to you. You are not his son. You were right." Emily said, joining in.

"I know mommy. I was adopted when I was 4. You told me." He smiled. I looked at Emily and smiled too.

"You we're so brave today. You saved us all." I told him.

"Well you said when someone scared you and I'd being mean, don't be bad. Try to cooperate to be safe."

When he was 5 we had taught him about so many things. I couldn't handle him going missing out getting kidnapped. So we told him what to do.

"Let's go home." I told Emily. She nodded and I grabbed my bag. We decided to leave Emily's stuff, Franklin was not going in the bullpen.

Emily covered his head with my jacket as she carried him out. An 11 year old did not boy need to see what happened. I helped them to the car and Emily drove home.

We got whatever Franklin wanted for food and sat at home.

"So what happened with the guy? They one who said he was my dad." Franklin asked. I looked at Emily and she nodded.

"Do you remember when we told you about mommy leaving for a little bit?" He nodded. "Well, when I want dating mommy I dated Will. He was nice at first but then he got mean and would be mean to me."

"One day Emily came a rescued me and arrested Will. Then when I joined mommy's work, Will's brother hurt me. Emily rescued me again and I'm okay now."

"Henry went to school with Will. And he wanted to take you to hurt me. But now Will got in trouble and he spent be a problem."

Franklin understood and we spent the night talking about it. We put him to bed and I joined Emily in our room.

"You could've died. You shouldn't have done that." She stated. I sat up and faced her.

"I know. But it was the only thing to get Franklin free. If anything happened to him I wouldn't survive. I broke when I lost you and I can't handle that again. I can't lose either of you."

"Yeah I figured. I can't live without you." She smiled. I dug my head into her chest and fell asleep.