Chapter 21: High Expectations

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Days later*

-Hwiyoung's POV-

Everything has worked out how I desired, and Taeyang's mood is lifting after the intense days of sorrow he experienced. The news about his breakup covered all-social media platforms, and many journalists talked about it on TV. Taeyang couldn't take it all in since several cameras captured photos of Lin Mei with her new boyfriend. Honestly, I felt my heart breaking by the second; I never saw Taeyang like this my entire life, and I didn't expect any of this to occur so soon in this timeline. However, the sorrow and dark days passed after the rest of the cast members arrived, and with it, the camp began its course.

It's been a couple of days since we started practicing the different skills we'll need for the film, and so far, everything seems all right. There are various things that I need to master if I want the filming process to run smoothly and with quality. The cast has been pretty helpful, and everyone is making me feel at home and treat me like if we were long-time friends. I feel grateful for everybody's effort; after all, it gives me more reasons to work hard and give my all for this project.

Currently, I'm practicing the fighting techniques with Jang Hyuk, the actor who will be my enemy in the series. He's a well-rounded person, friendly and professional. I already got to know him slightly more, which causes us to be closer to one another. Right now, both of us are training our swordsmanship with wood spears as we stand on a narrow balance beam.

Hyuk continued to move his spear in my direction as I try to dodge it while stepping away and blocking its touch.

-You want me to fall. Don't you? – I questioned before stepping forward, then striking back at Hyuk, but he covered himself with his spear.

-That's a great idea, but why would I want to do that? – Hyuk sarcastically asked before smiling at me. Then, he attempted to hit my side, but I put my spear, causing it to clash with his.

We continued to practice between chuckles until the director came. Immediately, both of us stopped and bowed at him. He smiled at us before standing next to our trainer.

-Guys, I want you to review the first time you fight against each other in the story and try to do the sequence the teacher previously taught you. – The director asked, which we nodded for in response.

Quickly, Jang Hyuk held his spear, just like I did. Then, we stared at each other before remembering the script we rehearsed before, briefly, placing the spears to the side.

-Rang Dongsun. I'm not surprised that you are here today. I heard great things about you; it seems that everyone in the magical realm knows your name. – Hyuk spoke while acting like his character, Ro Shin.

-Ro Shin, your words won't intimidate me like it once did to my master. So, save your meaningless phrases; they won't work on me. – I sternly claimed while getting into my character.

-Why did you come? Are you seeking revenge after your village's result? – Ro Shin scoffed before smiling. -Rang Dongsun! Your people died because they couldn't protect themselves, and you were lucky enough to get a second chance to live. – Ro Shin disclosed.

-You kill them all, and you don't even care. Do you? But you are right. I came to take revenge and see your downfall. – I bitterly answered before taking out my spear, following the steps from our previous training.

-And I'm here to see how you fail, Rang Dongsun. – Ro Shin spoke while unleashing his spear, moving it effortlessly as I commenced the attack.

I hit Hyuk first before following the sequence that we practiced with our trainer. I focused on every step while trying to change my expressions as our spears crash against one another. I could feel the adrenaline of the moment, but I kept my attention on Jang Hyuk, not wanting to fail in the first try for our fighting scene. But after a few more clashes and assaults, we spun back to our initial positions. Fortunately, we kept our balance, and none of us fell off the balance beam.

-You hear the bomb. – The director said, marking the cue for the ending part of the scene.

I looked around, acting like I'm wondering where the sound came from before facing Jang Hyuk again.

-We will see each other soon, Rang Dongsun. And let me tell you that you won't win this war. – Jang Hyuk spoke before jumping off the balance beam, and with it, ending the scene.

I took a deep breath while the trainer and the director clapped at our first attempt, I bowed at them while smiling, and Jang Hyuk did the same.

-Keep practicing; you are doing well so far. – The director spoke before walking away.

I'm catching my breath while sitting down on the balance beam, then Jang Hyuk joined me while giving me a bottle of water.

-Thanks. – I smiled before taking the bottle, then drinking out of it.

-The movements will be easier with the wires, don't worry about it. – Hyuk assured me before drinking some water.

-I hope so! Honestly, I almost fell off the balance beam; I guess I only kept my balance because the director was watching. – I admitted, causing Hyuk to laugh at my words.

I slightly chuckled before looking in front of us, noticing that Taeyang is also practicing his swordsmanship. My smile immediately softened while watching him. But after feeling a subtle touch on my elbow, I looked at Hyuk.

-Hwiyoung, you are doing great so far. Honestly, I believe this drama will be a hit between the audience. – Hyuk sincerely spoke, which I thanked politely.

-Jang-sunbae, I'm nervous! This project already has high expectations, and it makes me feel anxious all the time. – I admitted, which Jang Hyuk nodded for in response.

-The preparations, costs, and the entire production is upscale due to the actors in it. However, I don't think you have to worry about your work too much, Hwiyoung. – Jang Hyuk admitted, making me smile at his words.

I glanced at Taeyang one last time before sighing, but then I heard Jang Hyuk chuckling again. -Hey, do you want to lift your spirits? Why don't we go to drink something after work? – Hyuk questioned.

But I have to take care of Taeyang.

As these thoughts crept into my head, my eyes focused on Taeyang, hoping to have an answer right away. But then, reality hit me. Taeyang is only a friend, and my priority isn't him anymore; now, it's about Hwiyoung, this Kim Young Kyun.

I glanced at Jang Hyuk before nodding. -Sure! After work, let's catch up and relax. – I grinned before Jang Hyuk placed his arm around my shoulders.

Taeyang doesn't need me all the time. Does he? There are many people he can lean on; he has friends. And I believe he's doing well now that we are working again.

I'm trying to convince myself with my thoughts, but deep inside, I know my concerns. This feeling won't stop bothering me, but I have to live with it since Taeyang isn't mine like he once was.