Dabi x RWBY

Okay, how about Dabi in RWBY. His mother worked the dust mines since his father left their life, he would help as much as a child could. When he was eleven she passed away from the poor working conditions. Since they didn't need a child squealing about what was happening in the mines, they put him down an abandoned mineshaft and caused it to cave in. Our MC survives and seeks revenge against the Schnees, joining Salem sometime later.

Excerpt:

Your POV:

Normally a child in this situation would be scared and crying, but you weren't. The only thing you could feel was rage, a rage that wished to be quenched. Your aura flickered to life, as your hands grew hotter and hotter. The heat became so intense the stone around you began to melt. Suddenly, your hands were ingulfed in a bright blue flame. Instinctively raising your hand pointing towards the wall of stone in front of you a concentrated blast of fire shoots forward melting right through the rock. Eventually freeing yourself, and using your fire to keep you warm you ran, and began plotting. You wanted them all to suffer in the worse way possible, a sick grin spreading onto your face.

Years later

You were exhausted, the Grimm wouldn't stop coming, and you were going to pass out soon. However, you refused to fail, you needed to take revenge. In response to your emotions your flames grew larger and hotter, turning the surrounding Grimm into nothing but ash. The adrenaline stopped and as you fell, you saw someone step out from behind the tree line. With your vision blurring you could only make out the red dress the female figure wore before you hit the ground and passed out.