🌹Forever and Always🌹

1 year later.

The sound of church bells resonated in the air as the happy couple ran down the aisle, with friends and family crying and cheering them on. Pink petals rained down upon them, and their gold ringed studded fingers held onto each other tightly.

Eunbi's white dress trailed behind her, flowing across the marbled floor of the chapel as she looked into the eyes of her husband, who gazed back at her with love twinkling in his dark orbs.

A magnificent little carriage for two, with white horses waited at the bottom of the flight of stairs of the chapel. Delicate white ribbons adorned the carriage and the horses as Jungkook held his hand out for Eunbi to climb in.

They waved at their friends and family that had now stood on the sides of the flower decorated road, and the horses clicking of hooves chimed with the ringing of the bells.

A troop of soldiers dressed in tuxedos stood along the side as well, saluting as Jungkook saluted back at them, and they later yelled about the drinks being on him.

After being apart for three years, the couple couldn't wait to start their new life and family.

As the deep night settled upon the honeymoon resort, Jungkook made love to his wife and cherished every inch of her. He was away for too long, and they both yearned to hold each other again.

They hadn't decided on kids just yet, and held the thought in mind once they were properly settled down.

Present.

"Honey, where are my shoes?!"
Eunbi yells as she rushes to eat her breakfast and comb her hair at the same time.

"How should I know?!"
Jungkook's voice returns from upstairs and she whines, scrambling around the place, looking under every table and chair for them.

"I'm going to be late for work!"
She shouts, exhausted. Her eyes finally spot a white object peeking out from the dryer.

"Jeon Jungkook!! You didn't take my shoes out of the dryer, you bastard!!"
She yells, tugging on the pair of partially wet slip-ons. A laugh is heard from upstairs.

"Sorry, honey!"
She groans, grabbing her bag and opening the door. A pair of hands grabs her shoulders, turning her around to face a man with ruffled hair and a pair of round glasses sitting on the end of his nose.

"You didn't give me your good-bye kiss."
He says sternly, his mouth turned down into a pout. She rolls her eyes, taking her face in his hands and presses her lips onto his.

"There. Happy?"
His upper lip disappears in a bunny-like smile as he places a kiss on her forehead.
"Be safe!"
He yells, as she runs down the pavement to catch the bus for school.

Eunbi was accepted for the post of a high-school Korean Literature teacher, in a school fifteen minutes away from their stand-alone house.

Jungkook was awaiting his reply for a job application he had filed for, but things were only getting harder with the oncoming threats from the North.

Things had quieted down, but there were still reports of nuclear warheads and missiles positioned for the different cities of the south. The new supreme leader of the north, Yong Su-Il was crafty and silent. He had his eyes set on the south, and he was working in wicked ways under the table.

Jungkook plops down onto the sofa, grabbing the newspaper that had been thrown in through the window. He opens up the first page, and his heart drops to his stomach.

"The government is contemplating on bringing back the soldiers that have returned from the war a year ago, on the increasingly uneasy situations with the new leader of the North.

No confirmation is guaranteed, as these are speculated decisions that the government had laid out.

Return to the army may be compulsory for soldiers that have survived and returned from the war of 2020."

He crushes the newspaper into a ball, throwing it into the dustbin in fury.

We just got back together, and this happens?

He runs his hand through his hair, a frustrated sigh escaping his lips.

He would serve his country no matter what. Yet, the lingering thought of his fragile wife laying in bed alone at night, crying herself to sleep pricked at his heart.

He would never want to hurt her.

His eyes land on the picture of his father, mother and him on the shelf. They lingered over the form of his father. He was clad in his uniform, medals adorning the left side of his chest.

Being the general of the army was no little feat. His father loved them generously, but never failed to serve his country when anything sprang up. It was just a ticking time bomb, waiting to explode.

And one day, it did. The day that letter was handed into his mother's arms, was the day she knew that her husband would no longer walk through the front door with his cap tucked under his arm and a beaming smile spread across his face.

Her grief tore her apart, eventually claiming her life when Jungkook was 16 years old.

Jungkook bends down, picking up the crushed paper from the bin and spreading it open again. A deep sorrow tugged at his heart, for he knew what was about to come.

He tore the paper into tiny pieces. He wouldn't let Eunbi know, for she would fall apart. For her health and safety, he would hide this bit of information in his heart.

But he knew she would find out eventually, if the confirmation was guaranteed. His actions triggered a ticking time bomb, waiting to explode.

A/N: I have refrained from using the real names of the leaders of North/South Korea, because I don't want this to become too political.

I don't recommend imagining them as the current leaders either.

Once again, this story is fictitious and is woven in with realistic situations. It is upto you to differentiate and understand between the two!

Love,
✨Mama Kim✨