🌹Rogues🌹

"Because you're the General."

Those words pierce Jungkook's heart like a two edged sword being pushed through him mercilessly, leaving him for dead.

Jimin is about to begin his ascent when Jungkook's hand snaps out, grabbing hold of Jimin's wrist. Jimin trembles, trying to control himself as Jungkook parts his lips to speak in a voice barely above a whisper.

"Aren't you at least glad to see me?"

Jimin's eyes flicker away from Jungkook's gaze, and his hand loosens from his grip.

"I was, until you..." He trails off, cutting his sentence short before pulling his hand away and continuing to climb out of the tank.

Jungkook's breath increases, as sadness begins to weigh down on him. He had already been going through so much for the past few days, and he was beginning to grow weary from the weight of everything being tossed onto his shoulders, and most painfully, his heart.

"Please don't do this to me."

Jungkook says with a wavering voice, and Jimin halts in his ascent. There was nothing but a frayed thread holding Jungkook together at the moment, and he felt the strings beginning to snap one by one.

Jimin grips the bars tightly, his back still facing Jungkook.

"Please don't shut me away over this. I-I don't know how to explain it, but I just felt... like I was healed when I heard you were here."

"Is it still all about you?" Jimin whispers, squeezing his eyes shut.

"Do you know the horrors I've seen?! The friends I've lost?!"

He yells, his voice cracking as Jimin startles.

"I-I thought... of you everyday. I thought of everyone every single day I opened my eyes in this godforsaken place, and I thought you'd be happy we're at least together in this!"

Jungkook trembles, sniffling uncontrollably as raging hot drops of burning sorrow escape his eyes. He felt like the fire that burned his heart from the inside was seeping out through his eyes, now scorching him from the inside out.

"I d-didn't want to do this, and you know it better than anyone else. I try to stay strong for the other soldiers that probably feel the same way as I do, b-but I just..." He lets out a soft cry, rubbing his eyes.

"In reality, I-I'm a coward that's ready to abandon them j-just to get back to you and everyone else."  He lets out more desperate sobs, when a pair of arms gently wrap around him and a hand strokes the back of his head.

"I'm so fucking sorry."

Jimin whispers in his ear, coaxing him softly. Jungkook buries his head in his shoulder, and Jimin's arms hold him up as his body racks helplessly in his embrace.

"I just wanna go back home, and everything t-to go back to the way it was." Jungkook splutters into his neck, his tears and saliva travelling down Jimin's neck.

"I do too, I do too."

Jimin whispers, playing the role of a mother coaxing her crying, helpless son.

"Kook, I-I've just been so angry at everything and I'm s-sorry that I-"

Jimin begins to slowly melt from the burning man in his arms, the melancholic heat beginning to transfer to Jimin's heart, encapsulating it in it's sorrowful blaze that mercilessly pricks at every part of him.

The two men that were the backbones of their families, were slowly bending under the pressure of the events happening around them.

It was just a matter of time till they could bend no more.