🌹Abandoned🌹

Lifeless words left her mouth like it was being spoken through an empty medium. The students stared at Eunbi in confusion and annoyance, at her sudden lack of effort to explain anything to them.

She rambled paragraphs straight from the textbook, and dismissed the students for the day. She heard them mutter under their breaths, hastily swinging their bags over their shoulders and walking out of the classroom.

She hadn't slept throughout the night, and going back to that house draped a feeling of nostalgia over her, everytime she stepped in.

She dumped her purse on the table, holding her cup under the hot coffee machine. She stared out the window, and saw a silhouette.

The silhouette of a man trimming the white roses that grew tumultuously in their back garden. His muscular build towered over the thorny bushes, and he pricked his finger on it.

He startles, putting his finger in his mouth and turning around to face Eunbi with a pout. His doe eyes stared up at her before being pushed up into a smile, exposing his bunny-like teeth.

Eunbi screeches, as the burning hot coffee overflows, scorching her hand. She winces, placing a wet towel on her hand as she wipes the coffee from the floor.

She looks back out the window, and sees no-one. The trees swayed and creaked in the wind, and the rose bushes extended onto the unkept lawn.

Averting her eyes away from the sight, she startles when a knock is heard on the door. She hurries to it, opening it with a jerk.

"Hi.."
She says nonchalantly, at the woman that stood at the door.
"That's no way to greet me!"
She exclaims, clearly trying to cheer up Eunbi. Her fiery red hair was tied up into a bun, like a little flame that sat atop her head.

"I'm sorry Ellen.. it's just-"
"What-... What's that?"
She asks suddenly with furrowed eyebrows, pointing to Eunbi's left hand that was covered by the towel.
She puts her hand behind her immediately.
"Uh.. just a little accident."

Ellen looks around the kitchen, and sees the remnants of the broken cup on the table and coffee stains on the wood floor.
She sighs, shaking her head.
"Come over to my place."
She says, not waiting for Eunbi to reply as she grabs her right hand, pulling her out the door.

"Ellen! I-"
"Shush. I have ointments for that burn."
Eunbi's lips turn down into a pout, as she is dragged along the pathway to the other house not so far away.

She clasps her lower lip between her pearly teeth when she suddenly thinks of Jungkook returning home from work, making something delicious to feed her when he tried something new.

She's brought out of her trance when Ellen jerks open the door to their house. A vanilla scent wafted through the house, and Eunbi noticed that the family liked most things vanilla.

Simple things adorned the house, like a tall stalk with yellow and white flowers in the corner of the room and furniture that complemented the cream walls.

Yet, it all seemed sullen. Just like Eunbi's house. She winces as Ellen slowly lifts up the towel from her skin. The skin was red and inflamed, with colours of yellow and orange beginning to form a layer on her skin.

"One day he's gone, and this happens."
Ellen says, shaking her head as she behind to apply the ointment on Eunbi's hand. She flinched, clamping down on her lower lip as her skin stung and burned.
"Almost done.."
Ellen coos, blowing on her skin to relieve her of some of the pain.

Eunbi's eyes catch Hyunwoo, sitting at the dining table, staring at his fingers. He had large tear stains down his cheeks and a red nose. His plump lips were pushed out into a pout and his red hair stood out in some places.

When Hyunwoo sees Eunbi staring at him, he scowls at her, pursing his lips into a straight line before stomping up the stairs. A hard slam was heard echo through the house, and both women startle.

Eunbi looks down at Ellen.
"What was that about? He's never behaved like that towards me."
A look of guilt washes over Ellen.
"Well.. uh.. he's angry at you, and me, and everyone around him."
"Why?"

She chuckles awkwardly, throwing away the cotton in the bin.
"This is all new to him, Jimin suddenly disappearing and all of us crying our eyes out. He was too small to remember the first time. He blames us, saying that we forced them to go away."
Eunbi stares at Ellen for a few seconds before cracking a giggle. Ellen does the same, leaning on the kitchen counter.

"He's too young to understand anything. So I just let him go through this phase."
Eunbi's smile fades a little, as her mind wanders to what Jungkook might be doing right now.
"It's.. it's hard, you know?"
Ellen says, her voice tense.

Eunbi stands up, walking over to the chair and sitting down next to Ellen who was still standing.
"It's hard for him. He spends a lot of time with Jimin, and even though it isn't the case, he feels abandoned. It's just.. r-really hard."
Ellen says, wiping away a tear that escaped her eye.

Eunbi caresses her arm, clasping her lips between her teeth, trying to control herself from breaking down with Ellen.
"You aren't talking about Hyunwoo, are you?"
Eunbi whispers, and Ellen's trembling eyes meet hers. She shakes her head, as the dam breaks open.

Eunbi pulls Ellen into her chest, and runs her hand up and down her back as Ellen's muffled sobs and tears soak Eunbi's shirt.

Eunbi closes her eyes, droplets of sorrow escaping her eyes as she rocks Ellen in her arms.

The red haired boy stared from around the corner, at the grieving wives and his feelings of anger seemed to wither away in that moment. He turns around, sliding down the wall till he reaches the floor.

He hugs his arms around his knees and cries in silence. His little mind still didn't comprehend the situation that happened so unexpectedly fast.
Dad.. why did you leave us? Don't you love us anymore?