🌹Numb🌹

Trekking through the forest, silence hung over the trio that were absorbed in their own thoughts.

The horrific incident of their friend mercilessly shot never left their minds, and remained a scar resembling a deep wound that hurts when touched.

The last words of their friend echoed through the silent forest, as though his spirit was now roaming the vast expanse, unsatisfied with its sudden departure.

They felt nothing inside them. They were like mannequins, dead and hollow on the inside as they treaded through the green canopy that brimmed and overflowed with life.

All of a sudden, their walkie talkies begin to buzz.

Startling, Namjoon pulls it out and the other two surround him.

"Gen 3, are you there? Over."

Jungkook takes the small object.

"Yes. We're here, Over."

"We're sending in all soldiers from Section B, Over."

The trio exchange glances, confused.

"Why? We need them as back-"

"Do you know how many soldiers you've lost, Gen 3?"

Jungkook goes silent.

"60% of your soldiers are dead. Recruiting Section B is the only solution to this if you want to win this war. I want you to meet with your remaining soldiers, we'll inform them of your location. Over."

His head droops, guilt and sorrow beginning to weigh down upon his shoulders as he speaks up.

"I understand. Over and out."

The signal ends, and they stare at each other in silence, not knowing what to do. Namjoon places a hand on Jungkook's shoulder.

"Look JK, none of this is your-"

"I shouldn't have split us up. We should've stayed together as a large troop. This is all my fault."

Jessi pipes up.

"Hey, hey, hey! Don't start this shit. You're not at fault here. If we would've all stayed together, then everyone would be dead with a single ambush from their military. You made the right decision, but it's up to fate to decide who gets to live through this and who doesn't."

Running a hand down his face, Jungkook sighs in exhaustion, his heart heaving on the verge of giving up.

He winces, feeling a slight stinging on his wrapped thigh. Jessi glances at it and back up at him before sitting him down immediately.

"I need to check on it."

Slowly untying the cloth, Jungkook winces at the contact of the cold air with the red wound. A small stream of blood flows down from it as she examines it.

"This could get infected with time, we need proper medication and I don't have it."

The deep cut and mangled skin was a stain that remained in Namjoon's mind as he squeezes his eyes shut, shaking it away from his thoughts.

Jessi sighs, squeezing the now reddened cloth before wrapping it tightly around his leg once more.

_________________________________

Eunbi's startled when a harsh banging sounds on her door, like someone was probably dying on the other side of it.

The banging continues as she tries rushing to it.
"Coming!"

Swinging open the door, an exhausted Yoongi stumbles in. Her eyes widen at the state of his disheveled hair and clothes.
"Yoong-"

"They're coming."
He bluntly states between breaths and Eunbi furrows her eyebrows as Ellen shows up beside her.

"Yoongs, are you alright?"
Ellen asks, her hand reaching out for his shoulder. They startle when he screams.

"Listen to me! They're evacuating the entire fucking city!"

"What?!"
Eunbi screeches as Hyunwoo slinks away into the living room, sensing the tense atmosphere in the area.

Its not long before Taehyung runs downstairs with a terrified and paled expression on his face and the radio in his hands.
"Guys, they're evacuating the city."
He says, his voice barely above a whisper as Eunbi's breaths become panicked.

"W-why? Where will we go?"

"The rumours about the missiles aimed for each city were true, and there's too many for the air defense to block. There will be some of them that will reach their designated locations."
Taehyung rambles, his sweaty palms flailing as he speaks.

"Oh god."
Eunbi splutters, leaning against the wall in exhaustion, her hand gliding over her stomach.

"We need to leave before the corporation comes here. They won't let us take everything."
Yoongi says, pushing past them and running upto the bedrooms above.

Ellen stares at Eunbi with wide eyes before taking a deep breath. Her hand caresses Eunbi's shoulder before pulling her in for a hug.

"W-we can do this, Eunbi. You don't have to feel afraid with the baby and everything, we'll always-"
"Where will we go?"
She whispers, leaning her cheek on Ellen's shoulder as a tear rolls down her face.

Silence is her only reply as Ellen presses her lips into a thin line.
"I-I don't know, but I'm sure Yoongi has a plan. He's always had one."

Hyunwoo peeps around the corner.
"Mom, why are you crying?"
The two startle, pulling away and wiping their tears immediately.

Ellen puts on a smile, crouching down so her face is levelled with her son's. She takes his hands in hers, holding it tight.

"Well... We're all going o-on a trip now."
She says, exchanging glances with Eunbi as Hyunwoo furrows his eyebrows.

"A trip? When will we come back?"
Ellen droops her head before putting on an encouraging laugh.
"We won't be coming back for sometime because... its not safe here."

Hyunwoo stares into space, trying to understand his mother's words.
"Are the bad guys coming here?"
Ellen laughs, cupping his cheek in her palm.

"No, as long as I'm here, no bad guys will come for you. Okay?"
He nods in her hand, a gummy smile spreading across his face, pushing his cheeks out.

Eunbi leans against the wall, staring longingly at the interaction between the mother and son before her as she glides her hand over the growing bump on her stomach.

I'll make sure that you won't feel afraid when you're with me.

I'll protect you now, and even when you enter this world.

You won't be living in a peaceful world when you come, but I'll make it the best I can for you.

And we'll always be there with you. Aunt Ellen, Uncle Taehyung and Yoongi, Cousin Hyunwoo, Uncle Jimin... and your father.

I just pray you'll be alright, because I'd trade my life for yours anyday.