💣A helping hand💣

(Child reader and Whitty) not x Whitty😐

Run. That's all you were thinking about at the moment. That's all you needed to do at the moment. And boy, did you wish you didn't have to. Why did you need to run? You just escaped a science lab. The scientist found out and had a whole team searching for you. Some already found you and that's why you were running. You were captured and used for experiments when you were about 3 months old. You were now 8 and they would still do crap to you. You've never even been to school. The government just thought that you went missing and got murdered or something like that. Yup, this science lab was very... sneaky about what they did and how they did it. Anyway, now onto how you finally escaped. You weren't really sure how it worked but you just followed around random workers without them noticing. Once you were outside and free though, the samaras picked you up so everyone who worked their freaked out and went running after you. Luckily, the building was surrounded by woods so it was easy to lose most of them. You couldn't run for too long because of what they did to you. They did something that resulted in you puking up blood everyday and, if they worked you too hard or you were too active, multiple times a day. Not very pleasant but you had to live with it so it was normal now. You've been running for about 20 minutes and you finally made it to town. Maybe that would help you lose the rest of them. You ran down multiple streets and up some hills before you turned into an alleyway. You tried glancing back to see if they were still behind you when you ran into someone. They stayed up but you fell backward. You just said the first thing you could. "I'm sorry!" You squealed, squinching your eyes shut and shielding your face. Then you opened them a little to see who it was. It was someone who was, like, really tall. Taller than any of the workers at the lab. He had a bomb head and his skin was black. He had a turquoise hoodie, orange sweatpants, and darker orange converse shoes. "Whatever." He mumbled before leaning back against the wall. Then you heard footsteps coming your way. They weren't gone yet. You hopped up, muttered one more sorry, and ran forward more. You knew it would be a dead end, but your plan was to hide. Their were some dumpsters and stuff like that around so you would hide behind one of those and wait until they went away. "Y/N! Where are you?? I know you're here!" You heard them yell. You squealed and just jumped behind the closest dumpster. They didn't seem to notice the bomb guy considering he was more hidden in the shadows than out in the open. "We don't have all day Y/N! We'll make it way harder on you next trial." By trial, they meant experiment. Whenever they decided to mess around with you some more. You hated it, but you could never really argue. At this point, you'd forgotten the bomb man was their. You tried staying hidden a little longer. "I swear the next experiment we do on them should be one that kills them in the process." You heard one say to the other. That literally made you jump. Now your entire life was on the line, not just freedom. You heard footsteps walking closer. You curled yourself into a ball and waited for your demise. Then you noticed a strange glow from where they were. "Wait who are you-" You heard one begin before their was an explosion. You squealed and curled yourself more into a ball. After a moment, you heard someone walk in front of you. You looked to see who it was. It was the bomb head man. He bent down to your level so he could communicate with you easier. "You alright kid?" He asked. You shakily nodded and uncurled yourself so he could see you more. "Y-yea, just tired I guess." You stuttered and looked away. He hummed and got on his knees. "Yea, those guys seemed like total deal holes. Plus, from what I picked up on, they were some pretty bad people. Were they your parents?" He asked, hesitantly. You shook your head. "No, I think they killed my parents when I was 3 months old so I've been with them most of my life. Are you going to turn me in?" You asked. He shook his head. "Nah, that would just be dumb. I guess I could take you to my place for now. I'm sure Hex would like you." He explained. You sat confused, but went with it. "Um... who's Hex? And what's your name?" You asked him. "The name's Whitty, short for Whitmore. And Hex is my robot friend I'm letting stay with me for a few weeks. Wanna meet him?" Whitty asked, holding his hand out towards you. You hesitantly took his hand as he walked you out of the alleyway. He walked you down multiple streets, but not many. You asked what each building was and he had to explain it to you(Such as a restaurant is a place where you get food and a police station is where police work when they're not out and about). Halfway there you pucked up blood on the side of the road. Luckily, no one was around. You had to explain to him how that was "normal" for you. He just called the scientists "sick" and continued. They were clearly in great health, but you didn't know that's not what he meant.Y ou later met Hex. He was a real beam of sunshine, which was the complete opposite of Whitty. Whitty did leave you alone with Hex so he could go "rob some stores" to get you some clothes. You weren't really sure what rob meant but you were too tired to care. Once he got back, he saw you asleep on the couch and decided to leave you be. He asked Hex to stay in the room to watch over you while he slept in his own room for the time being. Oh, and also something called a "Thunderstorm" came along while you were trying to sleep. You awoke to the rumbling of thunder but, not knowing what it was, you decided to go check on Whitty and ask him. Hex was in sleep mode after all so you didn't really want to get him up. It took a few minutes but you finally made it to his room. You silently walked over to him and shook him awake. "W-whitty.." you mumbled. You heard him grumble before opening his eyes. "Yes Y/N?" He asked, sitting up. "W-why was their a loud noise outside? And why are their random flashes of light?" You asked. "It's a Thunderstorm. It's nothing bad, just annoying. Have you never experienced a Thunderstorm before?" "No. I always stayed in a soundproof room so no one would hear if I cried or screamed." You explained. Then, another rumble of thunder was heard, causing you to squeal in fear and cover your face. "Relax kid, it can't hurt you. Trust me, you're fine." He said, patting your head. "I-I don't like it though." You mumbled, wiping away a tear. "You wanna sleep in here tonight?" "Like, on the floor?" You asked. "No, I'm not that mean. You can sleep in the bed. You won't bother me any." "No, it's fine. I'm used to a cold hard floor anyway." You said, about to lay down on his floor. "Nope." You heard, and within a quick second, he was rocking you back and forth in his arms. It was definitely comforting. So much that it put you right to sleep. He chucked and laid you down right next to him and went to sleep. The next morning you awoke to birds chirping outside and the sun beaming through his window. "Guys, breakfast is almost ready!" Hex yelled from down stairs. "Five more minutes!" Whitty said from right next to you, still partially asleep. Yup, you could definitely live with this.