Chapter fourteen

(Whats up yall I decided to bless yall with a insomnia induced 1 am writing extravaganza enjoy lmao) (also ive been gone for a year now but don't worry im still mentally ill so yk the writing is hopefully still good.) (but I didn't really edit this so good luck bby)

She jumped up awake, sitting in her bed slightly shaking, using her thin arms for support. She panted softly, sitting up fully, rubbing her eyes. She was in that weird middle place, the one where your not quite awake, but not asleep enough to believe whats going on is a dream.

On the line of reality and a dreamstate.

Was it another nightmare?

It didn't feel like one.

It seemed all of her dreams were nightmares... so she was use to the routine.
So use to this middle place feeling

Her heavy sleeping dose pills usually stopped her from waking up and evaluating what just happened. Instead it left her from slipping to one nightmare to another.

Sometimes it stopped all her dreams all together, being in such a deep medicated state that she only remembers drifting off to sleep and painfully waking up the next day.

This was different though, she couldn't remember having anything scary jolting her awake.

In fact.... she didnt remember having a dream at all, and she didn't feel sleepy anymore.
All of a sudden she was wide awake...

Adrenaline ran through her veins... something almost impossible for when you first wake up on sleeping pills.

You're usually stuck in the middle place for an hour or two.
But not this time.

She looked around, she didn't know why but her instincts were screaming at her to.
She looked around in the darkness, the only light coming from the small sliver of moon outside her window.

Her window was open, the room was cold.
It was winter, and she could swear she could see her breath through the darkness.

She shivered, not remembering leaving the window open that wide.

She couldn't feel her fingers or toes, and her blanket was like ice. She rubbed her cheeks to provide some warmth, but the shaking seemed to stop that.

Why was she so scared?
Was it fear?
Was she just cold?
Was it a nightmare?
What was it...?

Then she smelled it.
A horrible smell... that stunk of old alcohol, sweat, body order and blood. She could of swore that she could pick up the faint smell of death... but she wasn't too sure...

Where was it coming from?? The trash...?
No it couldn't be... she took the trash out a few days ago

Besides it didn't smell like rotting food.. it smelled so much worse...
Like when she stumbled across that dead deer in the forest that once time.
It was sour... it was thick and suffocating.

God... what was this fucking smell..

Fear consumed her... and as she stared into the blackness.. she swore something moved.

She slowly scooted back down into her bed... pulling the blankets over her, covering her face.

This wasn't real.

She panted slightly doing her best not to move.
Not to make a sound

She was ok
She was ok
She was ok

This is just a dream...
Just a weird realistic dream
She would wake up any minute...

She curled up into a fetal position and shut her eyes tightly.