Chapter five

( wow a lot of things have changed in my life. Anyway, i hope you like this chapter, more or definitely coming soon :D )

Another day... another safe house.

You sat on the couch, with a medium sized backpack filled with crackers and cheetos and other sacks that you suddenly craved every 30 minutes. You munched quietly and watched some boarder line crappy day time movie.

You rested your hand on your stomach rubbing it slightly.

It was noticeable now. You weren't huge but it looked like there was something in there.

That was kinda the reason for you being up during the day. Over the last few weeks.. you started showing. You didn't like it.. it made you feel.. slow and fat, putting you in a weird mood. So you got on a different time schedule so you could avoid jeff and just be by yourself.

Also, since you were awake at normal times.. anywhere from 8am to 9pm you were able to actually go outside. Thay scary foreign place that you once forgot existed.

Since you've changed your schedule, you've gotten a lot done.

You had managed to get a haircut... that was the first step.

You, with your oversized hoodie and short shorts, walked into that salon, on that hot tuesday morning, at 8 am when you knew they first opened. You only went to the one that had the "walk ins welcome" on the window.

You stood in the door way, the bright morning sun slowly digging into you.

"Hey there darling." The blonde hairdresser smiled at you, sweeping up some hair. "What can i do for you?"

"Um... i.. need.. a haircut.. and.. a i think a new style.. i had... this one awhile.." you nervously sighed out.

" well i can do that for you.. go head sit down over here." She smiled and motioned over.

You nodded and slowly walked over, shy. You were super shy.. and this was the first person you've talked to in weeks. You sat down and she started gathering her equipment.

"You wanna take off your jacket..? Itll be easier."

You nodded and complied, lifting it off to show your grey tank top and sports bra.

" you wanna dye your hair too..? Or are you gonna fix it?" She asked starting to touch your hair.

"No.. do whats necessary to make it a lighter color.." you mumbled slightly. You needed a normal haircut with a normal undistinguishable hair color.

"Well... dark browns more suitable for this.."

"Thats fine..."

She started on it. Brushing it gently getting the knotts out and such. You watched her, hoping she didn't ask any questions.

You had scars on your scalp. You had scars on your neck. You had burn marks in your hair and some uneven parts.

Her fingertrip ran arcoss one of your newst cut marks on your neck and whined a bit.

"Oh im sorry sweetheart.." she gasped slightly and covered it witn a cool rag. "Oh.. you got a lot there.."

"Yeah.." you sighed out slightly embarrassed.

"Um. Its alright we got a medical bag in the back.. well clean you up a bit.."

" thank you.." you smiled and she continued brushing.

"Cat person...?"

"Huh?"

"Is that why you have the cuts? That or a big dog owner..? Or small dog with a bad attitude? Or maybe some sports?"