4

"Well, well, well

"Well, well, well. The orange in that really makes your eyes pop."

I shook my head in amusement biting my tongue so I don't say anything I shouldn't. I just got out of the plane in an orange suit that inmates wear in prison, this was the best plan that I got for going for Braga.

Stasiak wrapped his fingers around my forearm to help me get into the car waiting for us, "Tell me something, Campell, how is it that you and your boyfriend keep running around the world, breaking every law known to man, and yet here I am, putting my job on the line for you?"

"Because if I know you, Stasiak, and I know I do. You won't miss the chance to get the credit for taking down Shaw. One would say I'm the one doing you a favor."

"Oh, I'm tempted to settle for you." He opened the door for the driver's side getting into the car.

"Never gets old with you, does it?" He shook his head at me in the rearview mirror before igniting the engine.

"I got you admitted into Victorville to do whatever you got to do. It's a 24-hour hold. You need to be out of there by 9:00 a.m. That's when Forensics will run your fingerprints through the national database. That program will match you and when they find out who you really are, I won't be able to get you back out. We're talking life in prison."

I was standing in front of the officer taking off my cross necklace, I put it along with my fake purse, "Nice Necklace." Stasiak commented as my eyes lingered on the necklace that I couldn't bear to lose.

He held my forearm walking me away from the officer, "The prison separates women and men into different buildings. I found out Braga's being held in cell block D3. That's solitary, lucky for you it's for both women and men. So you're going to have to do something to get his attention."

I eyed the man carefully, an idea already formed in my head, "Listen, Stasiak. I'm really really sorry about this."

"Sorry about what?" Before he could react, I brought his face up to my knee, breaking it then threw him up to the wall. Officers swarmed the place holding me in place, taking me away.

I laid on my bed with a piece of paper twirling it between my fingers waiting for any new changes, when all of the lights went out, I sat up in bed hearing footsteps approaching the holding cell

"Hailey Campell. That was quite an entrance. You put a lot of these women and men in here." I walked over to the door, coming face to face with Braga and two of his men, at my unimpressive gaze, he frowned, "What? You didn't think one would recognize you? I've kept tabs on you, you know. You've been having a lot of fun out there. Good cop gone bad, Fugitive Boyfriend, Rio de Janeiro. It's exciting when you go criminal. But then again you were always one, weren't you? You could have worked for me you know."

"Like Letty Ortiz? Because I remember burying her." I said raising my eyebrows at the man I put behind bars not so long ago.

"Yeah? You did? You buried something, I couldn't tell you who or what it was."

Rolling my eyes, I snickered at him, "Let's cut the crap. I know she's running with Owen Shaw."

"Still playing cop, huh? Trust me, this is way above your pay grade."

"Then why don't you humor me?"

"Well, you're a dead woman walking, what does it matter? I ran everything for Shaw. Drugs, guns, money, women. He taught me to think global when I was just local. He made me a wealthy man and this guy didn't just have the cartels working for him. He had the CIA, DEA, everyone in his pocket. He knew what was going to happen before they did. In fact, he even knew when some wet-behind-the-ears FBI agent decided to put some informant in my cartel." I clenched my jaw listening intently to Braga.

I hadn't realized until now how easy it was for him to sniff Letty out, true she wasn't working that long with me but she pulled the right strings to get in, I admired her resourcefulness back then, Letty was anything but helpless.

I couldn't deny that when she approached me with the idea, I was ecstatic, a way to bring Dom back to get him to the family that I unintentionally ripped apart, it was the idea of seeing him again knowing that I somehow fixed what I ruined. "The minute you put Letty undercover, she was dead."

Pulling myself out of mt thoughts I focused back on Baraga, "But she's not. She survived."

"That girl is one tough bitch. Shaw found her in a hospital two days later. He went to finish the job. She had no memory. Perfect girl."

"You're lucky this door's between us."

He pointed with his head to one of his goons and the cell door opened, the first man was going in for a punch but I ducked quickly swiping his legs from underneath him, the other one was  approaching me with a kinfe.

He was about to stab me, but I grabbed his hand twisting it painfully before kicking him away, I grabbed the knife-throwing Brage on the bunker bed with the knife over his head, "You won't do it." He challenged me, so I stabbed him in the leg a couple of times.

"What is Shaw up to?" I yelled as the man grunted in pain, I was about to stab him again but he stopped me, "How do you think he knows your next move before you make it? He's got eyes on you. Think about it. The only way you get close to Shaw is if he wants you there."

The next morning, Stasiak drove me to the airport, he stopped the car looking over at me as I was lost in thought, "I hope this was worth it."

I nodded looking athim with a tight lipped smile, "More than you'll ever know." He nodded at me as I got out of the car.

The elevator of the garage dinged as I stepped out of it, Roman was the first to look at me with a grin on his face, "See, I knew you'd make it back." he wrapped me in a quick hug, "Right."

"That was a crazy plan," Gizelle complained, hiding her smile, "When have I ever thought of a normal one?" Smiling she pulled me in a hug, "He's been worrying about you." she whispered in my ear before pulling away, "I know."

I looked up to find Dom staring at me with his intense gaze, my smile widened as I walked over to him, I wrapped my arms around his neck while his arms snaked to my butt giving me the sign to hop and wrap my legs around his waist.

Our lips found each other instantly as Dom moved us to our private room, I could feel how tense he was from the way he was holding into me as if he really believed he wouldn't see me again, our kisses grew frantic as he closed the door with his leg, lips never straying away from each other.

Dom threw me on the bed, before his body covered mine, "You came back." His voice was hoarse as his eyes traced every feature on my face, "I promised, didn't I?" He nodded showering me with kisses all over my neck and collarbone, "I love you."

"I love you too, baby." Dom said it right back as we stayed in the room for quite a while.

I laid my head on Dom's naked chest while he passed his fingers through my hair softly, "I found out what happened to Letty." His fingers stilled in my hair  and he held his breath before I continued, "It's all my fault, Dom."

I raised my head to look at him, resting my chin on his chest, "I was selfish. I wanted you back to your family, she wanted that too and I used her."

He looked at me, with his fingers on the nape of my neck, "It's all in the past, Hailey. Whatever you found out, that was for you. What we're doing is for her." I nodded agreeing with him before resting my head back on his chest, thinking over everything I found out about Shaw.