01

I shifted my gears getting ahead of the prison bus while Mia speeded forward with Brian behind the bus, she drifted getting the car in the direction of the bus as the bus swerved to avoid her I stepped on the brake giving no time for the bus' driv...

I shifted my gears getting ahead of the prison bus while Mia speeded forward with Brian behind the bus, she drifted getting the car in the direction of the bus as the bus swerved to avoid her I stepped on the brake giving no time for the bus' driver to react hitting my car.

The bus kept rolling on the side of the road which was exactly what we planned, there was no time for us to check if Dom made it out safely cause the longer we stay on the scene the longer we risk all of us getting caught so I drove away with Mia and Brian following suit.

The next few days we were driving to Brazil to Rio specifically where Vince lived, I plopped myself on the backseat occasionally going to sleep every once in a while, we would take turns on the driving part, at first we were all chatting among each other, planning what we're gonna do next but after a couple of days neither one of us had the energy to talk.

It's true we were running from the police now as every radio station or even on the TV talking about us all four of us are now wanted by the authorities, the concept of being wanted wasn't new for me but this time it was different maybe cause I got Mia and Brian with me that I now considered family more than ever.

After a while of roaming the streets, Brian parked in an empty street which led right to the houses which were so close to each other it was apparent that this place was very poor.

We got out of the car, I looked around skeptical of this place, "It's got to be it, right?" Mia asked as we all walked together upstairs.

While we were ascending the stairs, men were surrounding us some of them were even holding guns, I looked wearily around as they were just staring at us I pulled Mia's hand back, "Let's get out of here" Brian nodded as we were turning around to leave.

"Woah, Woah. Easy, friends. They're with me" Vince shouted then the other men started scattering around.

"Mia!" He cried hugging the brunette, she smiled at him, "Vince"

After hugging her, "Brian, hey man" He said having a bro handshake with him.

Vince stared at me for a second acknowledging that I'm there, "Hailey" He said to which I nodded, he ushered with his head, "Come on"

We walked with Vince as he was leading us to his home, "Dom here yet?" I immediately asked.

He shook his head, "No"

I sighed disappointed, "When was the last time you heard from him?" I asked slightly worried.

"A couple of weeks ago up in Ecuador somewhere" He answered.

I looked at Brian but he shrugged it off with a smile, "How does it feel?" Vince asked.

I frowned not knowing what he's talking about, "What's that?"

"To be on the other side of a wanted poster?" Vince asked smiling smugly.

I shook my head smirking slightly at the gullible man, "Who said it's my first time?" I asked raising my eyebrows as his smile fell.

Vince's wife who I've learned her name was Rosa made us a delicious dinner, we devoured the food as if it was our last meal it was because we hadn't eaten for a couple of days.

After dinner, Mia was helping Rosa with Nico and the dishes as me and Brian sat with Vince, "Why Rio, Vince?" I asked him curious as to why he chose this place to stay in.

He took a big gulp of his beer staring at me, "You mean after you screwed up everything in LA? Ended up free-falling through South America, you know hitting every hellhole on the way down. Would've kept on going if not for Rosa"

I stared in the distance too immersed in my thoughts until Mia came to sit with us, "So, listen. There's a job coming up, I was hoping Dom was going to be here by now but this one is clean enough we can do it without him. It's a good gig, a couple of high-end cars, easy targets, a guy I know is putting together a team to swipe them. Just need a few more willing bodies"

Brian turned to me and Mia, raising his eyebrows, "I don't know" He said taking a sip of his beer.

"Look, the way the car scene is down here we can unload them quick and get top dollar, It's easy money and from where I'm sitting it looks like you all could use the payday" He reasoned with us as we all looked at each other not hating the idea.

I get up walking to the small balacony that overlooked the rest of the houses beer in hand, Brian joined me after a while with his own beer.

"Everything okay?" He asked.

I nodded taking a sip and resting on the railing, "Yeah, just worried about Dom"

He nodded, "He can take care of himself you know that, but that's not what's bothering you, is it?"

I looked up at Brian, "I feel like I'm intruding on your family, like it's not my place"

Brian grinned shaking his head earning a deep frown from me, "Hailey, You've been family the day you saved Dom from the cops when me and Vince weren't there you had Dom's back in fact you've always had his back, now this is family to me"

I hid my smile looking down, "I want you to know that I got your back" He said.

I smiled, "I got your back too, Brian" I said hitting my beer with his as we both smiled.

The next day, all three of us rode the train sitting in complete silence with Mia reading a brochure while I was just looking at the window lost in my own thoughts, "What are you reading?" Brian asked.

Not looking up she answered, "Travel guide"

"Yeah?" He said taking the guide from her, "Tokyo, Moscow, Goa"

"You want to know what all these places have in common?" She asked.

I smirked at her, "No extradition"

"Exactly" She smiled.

I saw the guard who had the key going into our hall, "It's time" I said gaining the attention of both of them, Mia nodded standing up.

She faked stumbling and hitting the guard as Brian swiped the key while I looked around noticing the two federal agents sitting in the train.

We entered the train car, "Hey we found them, second to the last freighter" Brian was talking on the phone with Vince telling him which train car the cars were located.

I broke the glass cupboard that had the keys in them frowning, "What is it?" Mia asked.

"DEA tags. These cars have been seized" I said frowning.

We started removing the covers from the cars waiting for Vince and his men to show up, we stood there seeing the train car's side being cut.

As the side was removed, three figures appeared getting on the train, I squinted my eyes as I couldn't see clearly who they were, taking a second for my eyes to adjust.

My eyes widened in disbelief as a smile formed on my lips when I realized who was with them, "Look who showed up" Vince said prepping the car.

So hopefully you liked that chapter.

I'd also like to thank everyone of you guys who are always supporting me either by voting or commenting thank u guys a lot it means the world to me❤️❤️