05

When the car had finally stopped, I was the first to get out having been fed up with the stupid handcuffs, "What the hell Muse? These cuffs are so damn tight"

He got behind me, taking off the cuffs, "I like realism" I rolled my eyes as I started rubbing my now sore hands.

"Bastrard" I whispered annoyed.

Tanner got out of the car, "You never know who's watching, Hailey" He said while walking into a house which looked more like a mansion it was very fancy for some undercover agents.

As we walked into the mansion we entered what looked like the living room which was filled with agents buzzing around, my boss approached me, "Here she is" he said while looking at me intently then he continued, "Fresh from Toretto's hot rod heaven. That was a 80,000 dollars vehicle, officer"

I shrugged, "Yeah so?" I asked raising my eyebrows if he's not ready for some cars going to waste to catch the culprit then why bother sending me in, "Might want to send the bill to Tran" I said.

"Hailey" Tanner warned looking from the boss to me

"The kid's giving me attitude. That doesn't speak well for police FBI relations,Tanner" He said while looking at me, I didn't back down glaring at him.

Tanner tried calming the atmosphere by making us go on a secluded office to talk better about the situation.

"Four hijackings in two months and we don't have anything, DVD players and digital cameras alone are worth $1.2 million which brings the grand total to $6 million plus" The boss explained the situation to me.

"We're in the crosshairs now, Hailey. That's why you're undercover" Tanner continued.

"You want that detective badge fast, kid. You wanna know something, The FBI can help, if you come through for us."

I thought about it for a moment then I pursed my lip asking, "What does the truck driver say?"

Tanner shook his head, "He gave us the same MO Three Honda Civics, precision driving the same green neon glow from under the chassis. Lab says skid marks came back the same, Mashimoto ZX tires, So we know it's somebody in the street racing world" he explained.

"We don't finish this case soon the truckers will take matters into their own hands. I told them we're close. You gonna make me a liar?" The boss asked.

I thought the situation over according to my experience and the things I've heard the best driver around might be Dom but there's no hard proof that he's the one actually behing those hijackings he said all we need is time to have concrete proof that he's the one but he told me he won't go back to prison so I don't think he would risk it but again I don't really know him that well and if he's not, then he definitely knew who was.

"Look, What do we know? We all know this world revolves around Toretto, right? Now we don't have anything against him but he's the best out there and if anyone knew who was behind these trucks it's him all I need is just time"I said staring at my boss.

"You want time, buy the magazine We don't have time. Just get me something I can use" The boss said finally.

I nodded as I got out of the mansion with Tanner," Is Harry cooperating?" He asked.

"He is, Like a guy that'll do time for receiving stolen properties if he doesn't " I said simply.

Tanner nodded, "What kind of vibe are you getting from Toretto?"

I raised my eyebrows as the question took me by surprise, "I don't think he's the one jacking trucks, he won't jeopardize his freedom like that"

Tanner put his hands on my arms to stop me, "Wait, Not that I want to contradict your fine judge of character, but Toretto did hard time for nearly beating a guy to death, He's got nitrous oxide in his blood and a gas tank for a brain, Don't turn your back on him just be careful that's all" I nodded.

As he was about to leave I stopped him, "Hey Tanner, I'm gonna need another car" I smirked.

Next day I drove a truck with Dom's car on it as I parked the truck in front of his garage he went out and looked at me raising his eyebrows, "Now, What the hell is this? What do you got there?"

I smirked totally enjoying this I shrugged, "Your car"

"My car? I said a ten second car, not a ten minute car" He said mockingly.

"You could push this across the finish line, or tow it" Brian said, while Mia was smiling looking from her brother to me waiting to know where this is about to go.

Dom looked from Brian to me trying to understand what I'm doing with this trash of a car so he added, "Couldn't even tow that across the finish line" They all laughed at that.

I shook my head looking disappointed, "Come on, Dom. Have some faith in me"

"Oh, I have faith in you but this isn't a junkyard this a garage" He said all the way smiling.

I smirked challengingly at him then turned to Jesse, "Why don't you pop the hood?"

Dom raised his eyebrows, "Pop the hood?"

"Pop the hood" I confirmed grinning.

After they popped the hood and Jesse started talking about the engine power, Dom turned to me looking truly impressed, "I retract my statement" I smiled victorious.

Jesse then said it will cost about $15000 to get it ready for racing then Dom said, "We'll put it on Harry's tab" Jesse hummed in agreement then Dom turned to me.

"I gotta get you racing again so I can make money off of you" I raised my eyebrows.

"Is this you asking me properly to work for you?" I smirked.

He approached me leaving only inches between us, making look up at him as he was much taller, "Would like to work for me, Hailey Campbell?"

I smirked not taking my eyes off of him as my heart fluttered at the man standing in front of me, I couldn't deny the feeling this time, "It will be a pleasure, Dominic Toretto" I said offering my hand for him to shake, He smiled taking my small hands in his.

He took a step back, "When you are not working at Harry's you're working here, everything you need is in this garage" I nodded at him as he turned around leaving with me staring at his back.

Mia approached me smirking, "You still don't know, huh?" I shook my head smiling getting ready to work.