06

After finishing our dinner, Mia went to clean up, while Brian stayed behind drinking a beer I sat in front of him as Dom was rummaging through some stuff, "So what! Did you and Dom kis...

After finishing our dinner, Mia went to clean up, while Brian stayed behind drinking a beer I sat in front of him as Dom was rummaging through some stuff, "So what! Did you and Dom kiss and make up?"

I took a sip of my beer shrugging, "Kind of, yeah"

He raised his eyebrows at my response looking at my neck, "You know I wonder why you kept that necklace. I know it's Dom's"

"Before it all went down to hell, I made Dom a promise, this necklace insures I keep it" I said while holding it unconsciously.

Suddenly my phone rang I picked it to look at the caller and found that it was Letty, I stared at it shocked until I heard Dom standing up and saw him staring at me with a phone in his hands.

"Dom" I said standing up gulping nervously.

"When were you gonna tell me?" He asked looking very angry as he was walking towards me.

"Dom, what are you doing?" Brian asked standing up not knowing what is this about.

But Dom didn't look at him as we both approached each other, "When were you gonna tell me you were running Letty?"

"Just let me explain....." I was cut off by Dom pushing me with his body to the wall.

My head was hit on the wall harshly I felt a trickle of blood running on my forehead, he caged me between him and the wall, "You don't understand" I tried saying.

"I don't understand" He shouted punching the wall beside my face I closed my eyes, my chest heaving rapidly.

Dom then turned to the bookcase throwing it with a growl of frustration, he started destroying everything, "Dom, Stop" Mia shouted trying to stop him.

"Dom please" I tried to calm him down so he could listen but it didn't seem to work as he turned to look at me panting, approaching the place where I am standing he was closing his fist and ready to hit me this time.

"She did it for you, Dom. She did it for you" I breathed out, he stopped mid-air finally ready to hear me.

So I continued, "Letty came to me to clear your name in exchange for bringing down Braga, She just wanted you to come home" I said softly shaking my head.

Now pain and guilt painted Dom's face, he looked so broken as he looked at Brian and his sister he then turned around and walked away.

I started to feel a headache, touching my head, I saw blood on my fingers I sighed and walked to the bathroom not bothering to look at Brian or Mia.

I stood in front of the sink with a towel in my hand cleaning up the blood from my forehead which stung a little bit, suddenly the door opened and Dom entered looking at me from the mirror.

"I'll be on my way, just give me a minute" I said avoiding his eyes and washing the little towel.

"I don't want you to go" He looked at the blood on the towel guiltily, "I'm sorry"

"You shouldn't be, I deserved it" I looked down washing the towel more furiously.

I wasn't furious at Dom at all, I was furious at myself for everything wrong I'd done since leaving home to letting Letty die on my watch, the guilt caught up to me.

He approached me, "Hailey" he whispered.

"I fuck everything up, Dom. I fucked up with my sister, with my job, with Letty" I said with anger raising my voice but that anger wasn't directed at him.

I looked up at Dom, "With you" I shook my head, "Whenever I try to make it right, I always fuck it up and I can't seem to make the right choices" I said angrily breathing heavily.

He took the towel from me putting it aside and held my face in his hand, his other hand wandered to my chest grabbing his necklace for a moment before his eyes wandered to mine while still holding the cross in his hand.

A look of understanding falling between us, "Letty was never your fault it's mine and you don't always make the wrong choices" I closed my eyes at his words.

"I promise you, I'll make it right this time" I said firmly, He nodded as I wrapped my hands around his waist resting my forehead on his torso.

The next day, I walked to the FBI building being as casual as ever while everyone just stared at me, I walked to Penning's office, "You better have one hell of an explanation. You disobeyed a direct order, Where's the shipment?" Penning asked.

"It's safe" I shrugged settling on one of tge chairs.

"It's safe" he mocked me.

"Look we could use the shipment to parade in front of the media, get a few hundred pounds of heroin off the street, but Braga's just gonna send another shipment next week and the week after that. Let's use the shipment to lure Braga out and lop the head off a multi-billion dollar cartel" I reasoned.

Penning sat on the edge of the desk looking ready to hear my plan, "And how do you suggest we do that?"

"A hand to hand exchange with Braga" I said.

"He'll never show" Stasiak commented.

"He can't afford not to" I shrugged.

"You got a plan?" Penning asked thoughtfully.

I stared at him getting ready to tell him, "There's a price. We beg Braga, you let Toretto walk" I stated.

In the evening, Dom and I were working on a car in the garage as I told him about the plan and I got my phone ready as I dialed Giselle's number, "Yes?" She answered.

"It's Hailey"

"You know I gave my number to Dom not you, I was hoping he was the one calling and not under these circumstances" She said.

I looked at Dom, he raised his eyebrows as I continued, "Yeah well, he's busy. And what circumstances? Me being alive?"

"Don't act like you don't deserve it" She said.

"You warned me, you didn't really want me dead, Giselle" I said.

"Don't take it personally, you were just a good driver" I sighed as Dom came and took the phone from me, "Get Campos" he said.

I stared at Dom as he was talking to Campos about the plan we've made to meet Braga, I clenched my jaw at the conversation hoping that Campos would agree to our terms, Dom nodded at me smiling slightly indicating that our plan is working.

Next Day, Dom and I stood at the place we were supposed to meet Braga at, with the FBI hiding and ready to move when I give them the signal, "Well, the good news is when we get this guy, you walk out of here a free man" I said hopefully.

"Is that what they told you?" He asked raising his eyebrows.

"Even if they didn't, I'm not letting you go this time, not alone at least" I stated staring at him knowing fully well that he got my message.

Then we heard the sound of the engines of cars approaching us breaking our eye contact for a moment, I looked at Dom nodding getting ready for our plan.

🌑🌑🌑🌑🌑🌑

I'm so excited to complete this part and so happy and grateful for your support for everyone who votes and comments or just even read a chapter of my book I'm grateful for u guys.❤️❤️

I love you please stay safe everyone and take care of yourselves❤️❤️❤️