10.

Kaizen Delvon Riley
                         Atlanta,Georgia

                       Kaizen Delvon Riley                          Atlanta,Georgia

"Awe! Kaizen ! This is so sweet!" Bleu said sitting down on the blanket.

"You said you always wanted ta go on a picnic date. You asked so you got it" i told her sitting down next to her. "I didn't know you were listening to me! I love it" she smiled.

I had took her to a park up by the water and i had some painting stuff for us along with food, drinks and my laptop.

"I'm always listening ta you" i replied as she passed me a canvas. "What do you want to paint about?" i asked "mhmmm. i'm not sure. It'll come to me. When did you have the time to do this?".

"while you was out with Gabby and Mira" i answered dipping my paintbrush in the paint. "So that's why they kept trying to find stuff for us to do" she said and i nodded "yeah i told them to do that until i was ready for them to drop you off ova here".

"Well i highly appreciate this." She said reaching over and kissing me on my cheek.

"So tell me something about yourself that you haven't told me already" i told her.

"Mhmm, okay. I'm a better painter than you" she answered as i mugged her "okay okay". "When i was about 10 maybe 12 i went through a rough patch in my life. I started to miss my parents alot so i started distancing myself from everyone and questioning everyone's motives towards me. I even blamed my grandma for them leaving me" she explained.

damn.

"Did they leave you with anything? A reason why they left you or where they went?" i asked she shook her head. "nope, no letter, no explanation, no reason they just left me" she mumbled.

"ever looked for them?"

"I did, my uncle looked too. Everybody did but it's like they didn't want to be found, so that's what i did. I stopped looking .  I gave up" she shrugged "I need closure but i know i'll almost never get it".

"But enough about them. What about you tell me something that i don't already know".

"I had a little brother"i told her.

"By who? Wouldn't you already have some since of the family he has in the Detroit ?" she questioned. "nah my moms, it was originally 3 kids that my mom had Amira, Me and Kerio but he died"i answered dipping my paint brush in the other color.

"How exactly if you don't mind me asking?".

"Car accident. My moms went to pick him up from school and on the way home some truck ran the red light crashing into them and he died. He slipped into a coma and died" i replied after not saying anything.

"I'm sorry Kaizen" she frowned reaching over giving me a hug.

"it's nothing i can do to change it now, he's gone" i shrugged as she shook her head "he's in your heart. always". "I know, that's why i gotta do better for him" i told her. "what do you want to do better?".