Chapter Nineteen: Detention.

"Miss Riddle! What is the meaning of this?"

Hermione sighed before turning around with a smile that dripped with sickly sweetness. "Why professor, I was attacked. What was expected of me to do?"

McGonagall frowned with disbelief as she eyed each student with a calculating look. Harry gave her a pleading look as he tried to lift the profusely bleeding redhead, to no avail. The boy was heavier than he'd like to admit. Realizing the golden boy couldn't carry Weasley on his own, she sighed and lifted her wand. "Potter, I trust you know how to use wingardium leviosa. Put that hollow brain of yours to good use and take the boy to the infirmary, will you?"

Harry blushed faintly in embarrassment. "Why didn't I think of that?" he mumbled under his breath as he did as he was told, disappearing around the corner with the weasel floating a few feet behind him.

With that taken care of, McGonagall turned to face Hermione and her group of friends. "I'm giving you all about three seconds to explain why that boy is nearly dead," she ordered stiffly, glaring at each Slytherin. Oh, if looks could kill.

Hermione, of course, was the first to speak. "Professor, Weasley attacked us. He cast Crucio on Draco!" This seemed to get the elder's attention. Unforgivable curses were punishable by Dementor's Kiss. Wasn't her own student smart enough to consider that? She mentally smacked herself at that thought. No, of course he wasn't. Then again, what reason did she have to believe that he had even cast it in the first place? The transformed girl was prone to lies.

"I highly doubt that, Miss Riddle," she started, giving Hermione a pointed look when the girl opened her mouth to protest. Hermione closed it. She would never admit it, but she was slightly intimidated by the woman.

"Given the fact that you all are barely touched, and my student is practically knocking on death's door, I have reason to believe that there was no need to for this chaos to ensue. You all know better," she scolded.

Hermione crossed her arms for a moment, glancing around at her friends before sighing in calculated defeat. This wasn't a fight worth fighting. "Yes, professor," she responded sweetly, playing her typical act of innocent schoolgirl. McGonagall didn't buy it, but she didn't argue with the girl either.

"20 points from Slytherin, for each of you," the professor stated strictly, quickly adding, "and detention in my classroom for a month."

Crabbe and Goyle groaned, but the others knew that this was probably the lightest punishment she could have given them, so they didn't say a word other than a few mumbled "Yes, professor"s. "Now children, get to your respective classes. And if I hear from anybody that you're causing more trouble, I will not be nearly as pleasant," McGonagall instructed, pulling a Snape and swishing her robe as she turned and walked down the corridor swiftly, mumbling to herself as she turned the corner.

The students looked at each other, a few moments of silence taking hold before they each burst into laughter. "Did you see the look on Harry's face?" Blaise started, snickering and nudging Theo's arm. Theo was equally as amused, responding, "The boy was helpless. My god, you'd think the boy who lived would have more of his shit together."

"Language, Theodore," Hermione quickly chided, chuckling herself as she leaned on Draco slightly. Draco rubbed her arm and mumbled, "You look rather ravishing when you're imitating a crow."

Hermione promptly smacked him. "I was not 'imitating a crow' you brainless buffoon!" Draco grinned. "Oh, but you were, m'lady. I swear I heard you chirp."

Hermione and Draco continued to bicker as the others began to watch. Pansy crossed her arms and snickered, getting the couple's attention as they both snapped, "What are you laughing at?" Pansy raised her hands in surrender and chuckled breathily. "Nothing," she quickly replied, her grin betraying her answer. The couple huffed and started walking away.

The group followed. Little did McGonagall know, they all had the same class to go to, and had big plans for it as well.

"Detention, my ass," Blaise muttered, earning noises of agreement from each student.