Chapter Twelve: A Pull.

After the cafe trip, Hermione had apparated Death to her father's manor. Death willingly went along with what she said, listening to her explain things to him and nodding occasionally. She eventually received a letter from her Raven, smiling. "Ah! Here it is. I forgot to tell you. Father arranged for you to attend Hogwarts with me," she said, looking over to him with a grin.

He blinked. "Okay," he replied smoothly, glancing away. Hermione chuckled, looking away again. "We should go to Diagon Alley again, to y'know, get your stuff." Suddenly the door opened and the voice of her father replied, "Already got it." He walked in with a bunch of bags. He dumped them all on the table and watched Hermione dig through them, approving them and handing them all to Death. "3rd floor, 4th door on the right. That's your new room. Go put your stuff up, and I'll come up soon to help decorate."

He obeyed, walking off. Hermione watched him until she couldn't see him anymore before looking away, smiling with satisfaction. Her father looked at her and smiled. "You'll be a fantastic Dark Lady." She glanced at him. "Aren't I already?" She mused, grinning mischievously. He blinked at her before chuckling fondly and looking away again.

Hermione made her way upstairs, walking into the room. "So, what are you looking for?" She asked, looking at Death curiously. He seemed to examine her, as if looking through her mind before stating calmly, "Partially Modern look. Black and forest green, with silver accents. Not cluttered, only simple furniture." Hermione smiled. "Exactly how I pictured it," she agreed happily.

She gave a slow and graceful wave of her wand and the room was exactly how she pictured it. The bed was large and simple, with a silver frame, black sheets, and emerald pillows and blankets. There was also a dresser with a mirror above it, some bookshelves, a desk, a living area with a sofa and TV, and some other things. "Oh, I forgot to mention. We have figured out a cover name for you. At Hogwarts, you'll go by Azrail Sephtis. Sound good?" She looked to him. "Sounds perfect," he replied smoothly, his voice laced with satisfaction and approval.

They soon heard the yell of her father as Hermione took Death's—or Azrail's—hand and led him down the stairs swiftly. "I think I might call you Azzy or maybe Rai. Probably Rai. And Azzy at home," she mused, not really talking to him but herself. He nodded silently, following her downstairs. "Time to go back to school," her father said. "I'm sure your teachers aren't overly pleased with your absence, Hermione." Hermione flushed, looking down and murmuring, "No, I'm sure they aren't." She took her father's hand and they apparated to the school, Rai now in a new Hogwarts student's uniform. He blinked at it before looking up again. He looked at the school, eyes wide in slight surprise at its size.

Hermione chuckled at him, smiling as she, too, was in her slytherin uniform. She apparated inside, holding Rai's hand. He looked around as Hermione pulled him into the headmaster's office. "Hello, Headmaster," she said coldly, the news she received from her father inspiring hatred for the old man. He glanced up at her. "Hello Miss Riddle," he murmured. He glanced at Rai, looking him over. "New arrival? Put on the hat," he said bluntly, looking away. Rai looked down at Hermione, who nodded subtly. He turned to the hat and put it on.

Ah, hello death. Or shall I call you Azrail? I see you're on a mission. Well, I won't get in your way. SLYTHERIN!

Rai smiled with satisfaction as he took the hat off. Hermione handed him a Slytherin uniform set before saying, "You'll be staying in one of my rooms in Snape's quarters. I have an entire wing to myself, there's a guest room you can have." She herself was still surprised that Snape cared enough to make his quarters much bigger to accommodate for her presence. He nodded, following her to Snape's quarters. "Asteri," she mumbled, walking inside the now open door. Rai followed her into a room similar to his own at home but ever so slightly smaller. "Well, get dressed. We have potions at 3," she said expectantly. After that, she walked off.

She smiled as she walked into the Slytherin Common Room. She was immediately surrounded by Draco's gang. "How was it?" Draco purred, seeming partially concerned but mostly curious. "It was fine," she replied, grinning with amusement. Theo quickly said, "You read a lot, I assume?" Hermione nodded with a chuckle. "Yes, I did." Pansy added, "And went shopping?" Hermione nodded, humming in response. After a few more questions, the group seemed to calm down. Draco quietly said, "You should wear a tiara, Princess." Hermione stuck her tongue out. "That's too much, Draco. I'm not that extra." Draco grinned, glancing away.

Hermione chuckled, sighing. The other students slowly started leaving the room, eventually leaving Hermione and Draco by themselves. They were on the sofa beside each other, Hermione slightly leaning on Draco while they watched the fire when suddenly, Rai plopped down beside Hermione. Draco looked over and growled, suddenly becoming jealous. "Who is he?" He hissed, just barely keeping his cool. Hermione looked up before grinning. "Is Draco jealous?" She teased. He blushed furiously, looking away and faking disinterest. "No, I am merely concerned for the...safety of the princess," he said bluntly, putting his blank mask on again but glaring at Rai, who simply seemed confused. Hermione chuckled. "This is Azrail," she said. "Don't worry, he's no threat," she added, smiling. Draco nodded, looking away.

After making sure Hermione would be okay, Rai left for the rooms. Once again, the two were by themselves. He looked around before snaking an arm around Hermione's shoulder, pulling her closer protectively. Hermione blinked. She felt a small connection to Draco, like a pull to him, but she ignored it. But it felt like something in her heart was telling her she was meant to be with Draco, that she was his. Little did she know, Draco felt that same pull.

Eventually, she felt Draco pull her closer, his warm breath on her neck as she felt heat creep to her face. "Y'know," he mumbled, looking over her with adoration. "You're something special. I...I think I might...—" he trailed off, Hermione blushing deeply. "What? Draco?" She asked, tilting her head slightly. He looked up with a slightly embarrassed expression. "I think I might've...I might've fallen in l-love," he said quietly, seeming ashamed to say it. Hermione blushed deeper. "Draco..." she said softly, looking into those gray-blue eyes of his. There it was, that pull. It got stronger. Hermione slowly leaned in, letting the pull control her as her lips met his.

Using 'magical' to describe the moment was an understatement. They both felt a jolt of something, something drawing them together as Draco kissed back. Hermione wrapped an arm around his neck, leaning into the kiss. They both felt the pull stronger than ever, pulling them together as they both caved into the feeling. They eventually broke the kiss, Hermione's lips red and swollen and Draco's not far from it. They looked at each other before laughing quietly. "You're a mess," they said in unison. This made them laugh even more. Hermione sighed. "This is weird," she murmured quietly, laying her head on Draco's shoulder. "But you're not fighting it," Draco replied, just as quiet. Hermione smiled. "No, I guess I'm not." She burrowed slightly deeper into his shoulder, sniffing. "You smell good," she mused. He smelled like everything good in the world, like her favourite foods, like her favourite place to be. He smelled perfect, and she loved it.