Chapter Nine: The Gaunt Princess.

Hermione nearly spit out her tea. No, she did spit out her tea. "D-Dumbledore?!" She stuttered, disbelief laced in her voice as she wiped the tea off her chin. After giving her an odd look because of the tea, Tom nodded slowly. "Yes, the old man refused to give me the chance to have an heir. Someone to follow in my footsteps. So he took you, and he gave you to this squib couple," he said, disgust in his tone when he said 'squib'.

"But the woman didn't think it was right. Stealing a child? Even if it was to prevent another powerful dark wizard or witch, she thought it was wrong. Smart woman, she is," he mused, thinking. "But the father was light through and through, so he went with whatever Dumbledore said was right. He was an idiot. They decided to act like simple muggles around you, taking you to the muggle world and raising you as a muggle. You don't belong in that world. You're too precious."

Hermione smiled slightly at this. Tom continued. "Dear, you're royalty, quite literally. The Gaunts, your ancestors, are generations and generations of royal families. You're a princess, dear, and it's time for you to accept that role. We've been waiting for our princess to return. You're in a prophecy, Hermione. An ancient one regarding Gaunts and their descendants. It says this:" he paused, thinking before he started to recite the prophecy.

"A girl will enter this world, the first true female descendant of the Most Ancient and Noble House of Gaunt. She will be strong, her power level higher than any witch or wizard can manage. She will be perfect, a princess. She will be blessed with beauty and intelligence, and talent beyond compare, and will lead the dark side to victory once more. She will be our ruler, she will rule the wizarding world. She will turn our world forever the way it should be, under the guidance of a father and another, who will lead by her side. Together they are strong. Together they can accomplish anything. So be it."

Tom finished, breathing out. Hermione blinked. "Uhm, I'm a princess? Like from the storybooks?!" She suddenly got really excited, her face lighting up. Tom seemed confused before a look of realization hit him and he nodded with a hesitant smile. "Yes dear, like the storybooks." Hermione squeaked with delight, her inner child taking over as she stood up, spinning around the room happily. "Oh, I'll have the pretty dresses, and tiaras, and–oh!" She gasped, smiling wide. "Will I have a Prince Charming?"

Tom sighed, nodding. "Yes dear, you'll have your 'Prince Charming'," he said, covering his ears at the louder squeal of happiness. "I'll get to host balls, and fancy parties, and have tea with all my fancy friends, and dance with handsome guys..." she went on and on and on before Tom stopped her. "We're going to Diagon Alley, with a visit to Knockturn Alley," he said, watching her freeze and smile, the expression looking slightly embarrassed. "Oh, yes, o-of course," she replied, stuttering slightly as she reassumed her former calm demeanor. Tom smiled at her, proud of how quickly she regained her composure.

He held out his hand to her, feeling her soft, warm hand touch his hesitantly as he apparated them there. They appeared in front of a clothes shop. Hermione, hiding her excitement, walked into the shop calmly, Tom following her. He had put on a glamour, so nobody would recognize him, and was now shorter and had dirty blond hair with blue eyes. He decided to act like one of her school friends.

She looked at the pretty dresses, picking out a slim fitting emerald green one shouldered dress. She then went to another rack and picked out a silver sparkling ballgown with emerald green accents. Then she picked a short black dress that was somewhat loose fitting and had long sleeves and silver accents. She finally picked out a pair of sleek black flats and walked to Tom. "I'm ready!" She said, ignoring the glamour. He smiled and said, "Well then, let's go check out dear." They walked to the cash register and the cashier said, "uhm...Ma'am...Your total is 1392 galleons. Are you sure you want this?" Hermione casually said, "Yes sir. Take it from the..." she looked to her father, who mouthed 'gaunt' and the turned back to the cashier. "—The Gaunt Vault."

The cashier blinked, but didn't argue as he held a shocked look on his face, a hint of fear also. "Y-Yes ma'am. Here you go," he said, handing some bags with the items she bought. She walked out, smiling. Ah, this should be interesting.