Chapter Three: The Train and New Friends.

Hermione's alarm rings loudly. "Ugh..." She groans. She slams her fist down on it and smashes the clock into about a million pieces. She looks at the remains and smirks a bit. "Oops..." Well, today, she's going back to Hogwarts. And guess what? She doesn't have a cover name, and they've already got her in the papers as Hermione RIDDLE. Great. They know who she is. And they know who her father is.

"Mione?! It's time for school!" Voldem—uh, Dad?—yells up to her.

She sighs. Dad told Professor Snape to convince Dumbledore that she needs resorted, because her personality apparently changed along with her appearance. Supposedly, she's more dark now. She hasn't seen it yet, though. "School," she mutters. Usually, she loves the thought of school. But this year is going to be a nightmare. She puts on a black sweater and a white button up shirt. She puts on socks and black dress shoes and apparates(thanks, Dad!) to the train, just as Harry and Ron are getting there. They run right up to her, to her dismay.

"Mione! We heard the news!! How could this happen?! How could you?!" Harry seems very upset. "...Yeah! What he said!!" Ron said.

She finds herself rather annoyed by them. She hasn't ever truly been annoyed by Harry and Ron. Wow, maybe she has changed. "I don't want to talk about it," she hisses at them. Hisses?

They flinch. "H...hermione..?" Harry stares at her. "Wh-...what's up with you?" He says, a betrayed look replacing the fearful one. "How could you do this to us? After all we've done for you?!" Ron glares at Hermione but remains silent.

A slightly sarcastic smirk graces Hermione's lips. "Oh, I don't know. Have you really ever done anything for me? I've always done things for you, Mr. Golden Boy. I do all the work and you get all the recognition. Who brewed you those potions? Who helped you learn spells? Who helped train you? ME, Potter. ME!" She says, tone becoming more and more venomous with every word.

Harry glares at her, a pained look on his face. "I thought I knew you, Hermione. Or...can I even call you that anymore?" Harry spins on his heel and stalks off, the big-nosed redhead following after him. Hermione feels a bit of guilt, but she doesn't seem that bothered by it. Until...

"Hey, Hermione." She hears a voice behind her. A very distinct voice.

"Malfoy!" She growls and turned to face him. He backs away a little. "Hey, hey, I don't mean any harm. Just wanted to say hi. I was wondering if you wanted to come sit with us." Sit? With HIM? Odd... Strangely, she nods and follows him back to their seat. The others are already there. Blaise, Pansy, Crabbe, Goyle, and Theo.

They stare at Hermione for a moment before one by one, they stand and examine her. Pansy is the first. Hermione meets her gaze with a cool one of her own, standing straight and displaying all the proper pureblood etiquette. Pansy nods her head slightly in approval before sitting down again.

This happens with each of the calculating Slytherins before they've all 'approved' her. Then, they begin their introductions. "Hey, I'm Blaise."

"Pansy here."

"...I'm Crabbe."

"And Goyle."

Theo looked up. "...And I'm Theo. Pleasure to meet you." He smirks a bit and kisses the somewhat shocked girl's hand. Wow, he really is a charmer like the other girls said. Maybe they all aren't really that bad. Perhaps she was wrong about them.... Well, let's see.