Chapter Five: A New Day.

She woke up to a dull voice saying "M'Lady" a few times. Okay, she had to admit. That was weird. Just saying "M'lady" once was odd, hearing it repeated sounded crazy. "Okay! I'm up, I'm up..." She replied, hiding her annoyance. She had begun to be very good at that.

"Would you like to have breakfast with your friends or in your room?" Her immediate thought was Draco. Wait, what? Since when was she interested in Draco? She's not interested in anyone, why would she be, they're all just puppets for her to use at will. This set off another inner argument.

They're not puppets, they're people, right? Why is she thinking this way? She was never manipulative before, why is this any different?

Ah, right. Blood change. Darkness, blah blah blah. It's all new to her, so she doesn't really care all that much. "I'll go with my friends, sir—Severus," she replied, forgetting to call her professor by the name she was apparently supposed to.

She was met with a nod as he opened the door for her and she made her way down to the Great Hall. The Hall went silent at her appearance. She ignored them of course(she'd gotten used to it), walking over to the Slytherin table where she was met with smiles and "Hello, 'Mione!"s. Now this was much better than sitting with Ron and Harry. Speaking of which, the two were giving her death stares from across the hall. She smirked, winking at them. They looked away.

She talked with Draco, eating a small breakfast like always. She occasionally noticed Harry, Ron, Dumbledore, and most of the other professors watching her, but she paid them no mind. She didn't care.