What really happened to you? - CH 6

Phils POV:

I thought i heard noise from Tommys room so i went to go check to see if he was awake. I cracked open the door to no surprise he was kneeling on the floor next to his bed. His head jolted round to face me with a clam look residing on his face but to the trained eye could easyly show how stressed the young one was. I stepped forward to help him up and ask him if he wanted to come get some lunch but he shuffled back, hmm whats he doing? In the blink of an eye Tommys arms flew up in front of his face and upper body, was he... protecting himself?! God what happened to this boy, he was so broken. I stepped back so he could know he was safe, but the strawberry blonds eyes stayed glued shut with his body curled in as a last attempt of being safe. My eyes flickered over to something white on his left arm, againist his bright red top i could tell it was out of place, well ill mention that later, he needs to calm down first. I looked away from Tommys arm when i heard him take in a shaky breath and say "Just get it over with already!". I replied quickly before the boy could get anymore ideas "Tommy i would never hurt you, your safe here...". Tommy opened his eyes and looked up at me, rage shinning like flames in his eyes, "dont lie to me! You just want the money then you'll throw me on the streets once you feel as though you got enough praise for 'taking in the those who dont have a real home'. Admit it! You dont care phil!"

That last line, it broke my heart. This boy, hardly in his teen years has never had a proper parental figure, someone who he could trust. But instead of a real childhood hes been beaten and sold for money! Its terrible how the world treats children like Tommy, i've seen it oh to many times in the other children i have fostered, but Tommys situation just seemed worse then i imagined. I chose my next words very carefully not knowing what would push the boy over the edge." Tommy this house is a safe place, and i do understand, Techno and Wilbur were both adopted by me" I repeated this figuring since the boy was so zoned out at the meeting he probably didnt even know yet. I saw his eyes surpass into a short lived burst of understanding before it was over took by his usual scrowl. Tommy let out a long sign before looking me up and down, he made eye contact with me, it was like looking into black holes, as he whispered. "just because you already worked out with two other children does not mean i will be the 3rd, as soon as you know more about me you'll go straight back to throwing me out like trash". He kept his gaze strong still feeling like he was looking straight though me god where did this kid get such a mature and proper way of acting but yet still have stupid nature and reasonings.

Tommy stood up quickly and swiftly laid back down on the bed, smuthering himself in the blankets as though they were going to save his life if he held on tight enough. I couldent surpress a little giggle at him cuddling like a new born into a mothers chest, his head shoot around death glaring me man this boy just knows how to make things tense. I took my que to leave, i opened my door before saying a goodbye and that i would be bringing up lunch soon, since it was quite obvious that Tommy did not want contact with others at the moment. Welcome to the family Toms...

Wilburs POV:

I saw Dad walk downstairs in a slump i heard the yelling from the other side of the house so i must of been bad. Before i could put my two cents in Techno spoke out, "what happened with Tommy? You guys were yelling a lot." Dad let out like the 7th sign since he had walked down only seconds before, " Tommy thought i was going to hurt him... and then yelled at me when i told him that he was safe here, i knew he had a few rough homes before now but come on the boy cant even let people walk in the room without protecting himself." I-I didnt know how to reply to that, yes me and Techno were very anxious around people due to the homes before phils but i never saw it on someone else, as well as someone that i was going to learn to live with. "Dont worry dad, he'll get use to it, me and techno did so it will be fine, he will just need some more time." My father nodded in response letting me know my comment did not go unknown as he went to go grab a toasted sandwich he had made for Tommy earlier. I hope Tommy will like it here, wait what am i saying he'll grow to love it here, just like Techno and me! Well i hope...

-

Word count:913

-

Sorry for the short chapter this is kinda a filler nothing really important happens i just kinda felt like finishing up this draft. Thanks for reading hope you have a good day/night!