Well that took a turn-CH 13

A trial of thick liquid made its way off the table, a trial of blood. Holy shit thats a lot of blood, I can't think about that now though, i need to make sure Tommy is okay. I ran forward, calling for Techno and Wilbur to grab my phone and the first aid kit. I settled next to the table and took a close look at the cuts littering the boys arms. It looks terrible, no horrific! The culprit of ragged look of the young boys body was sitting upon the table, a single blade, shinning in the dim light of the room. Phil slide the blade into his pocket and pulled a blanket from Tommys bed to cushion his arms and hopefully slow the bleeding. I could hear Techno talking on the phone to who I could only assume was a 911 operator but I was too focused in stopping the giant flow of blood soaking into the surrounding objects.

Tommys head turned towards me, his movements slow and lethargic. This snapped me out of my daze, "Tommy, hey bud, your not in trouble but could stay awake for a bit". I tried to sound calm but god its hard when your supposed foster son of not even one day is bleeding out in your arms. Tommy mumbled out a incoherent reply as his eyes drooped down again, "Tommy, Hey! Tommy look at me, the ambulance is nearly here, your okay. Tommy! you can't rest yet".

A slow couple of blinks, that were growing increasly more worrying, is all Phil got in return. Almost in time a set of paramedics round the corner, yelling out orders through their mics for what they needed. Wilbur and Techno stood aisde, butting in when needed but mostly just starring in shock at the small body lying on the ground, the young boy who was in a pool of his own blood. Minutes passed as Tommy was moved to an ambulance, arms rapped in thick bandages, a drip in his left wrist, and a worried family following closely behind the speeding truck in their own car.

The car ride was slient, deathly silent, which in a way really just projected the siutation the watson family had got themselves into. 7 minutes and 37 seconds later, or what I believed was that length of time due to Techno mumbling strings of numbers in the seat next to me, its been a habit since he was little. The small mumbles, tiny bits and pieces of whatevers going on in his head at the time, but back to point. 7 minutes and 37 seconds into the car drive is when the silence is broken, Wilbur calls out from the back in a small wobblely voice "Is Tommy going to be ok..?Techno was the first to reply  "well maybe this never would of happened if you just cut him some slack!" he screeched " you hated him since the day he got here!". Techno was fumming, and Wilbur just sat there in shock " well! what are you going to say, its true is it not, you HATE him!". Wilbur finally was broken out of his trance as he screamd back his reply "Well its not MY fault that I didn't want another brother, and look whats happened now, hes gone off and killed himself JUST LIKE SAM!!! I kne-". "WILBUR!, That is no way to talk about someone who is dead let alone while your foster brother is in emergancy care for the same thing! And Techno, none of this was anyones fault, not mine, Wilbur, or yours, so drop it!" I snapped, loud and clear, hoping that the boys would get the message drilled into their heads and realise that arguing will only make it worse.

As if on time, I turned the corner as the hospital came into view. The car ride was back to that awful silence but atleast we are here now. The next few minutes come out in a blur of paniced breathes and blurred gazes. The silence carries on while the car is parked, aswell as the rush through emergancy corridors. Unmemorable twists and turns mix in with machine beeps, the clicking of shoes, and my raggid breath, creating a terrible symphony of misfortune. But there it is, a single piece in the world that makes the siutation so painfully real. Here infront of me sits a silver name plate reading Thomas Innit.

-

Word count:789

-

Authors note:

OMG theres over 12K reads, thank you so much for all the views I really appreciate it. Thanks for waiting for me, ive been so unmotivated lol. So have this short chapter while i drown in my sorrows because i tested positive in the middle of writing it lmao