Chapter 7

"Isse apne pati ke saath hi jalao Sati pratha ka palan jaruri hai waise bhi jee ke kya kregi ab ( burn her with her husband, we should follow the norms of Sati pratha, and what she will do living now)"

That's it when khushi heard it she got trembled listening to it.

*********************************

Flashback continue

Shashi got scared of it, when she heard the vile thoughts of villagers. A man was going inside to but was stopped by Shashi who pleaded them.

Shashi: please don't do that... Please leave her alone, she is already going through a lot.. please leave my daughter alone.

He pleaded them but it was unheard mercilessly.  He stopped one two men who are barging inside to drag khushi. But at the end he wasn't able to because at last two men held him by hands, and three moved forward to drag khushi outside...

Shashi: please don't do this...please she is just a child please... She won't be able to handle...

But no one heard. Garima was crying hysterically seeing her daughter faith. She was inside with her but was able to hear what was happening. She then saw khushi was now shivering in her arms. She instantly moved towards door when she saw three men coming inside, but she was late they pushed the door with force, Garima stumbled and falls down that's when khushi come into senses

"Maaa..."

She shouted and tried to move towards garima but one of the man hold her by elbow. She was shouting for her mother. It was very painful for many people standing there, but no body raised their voices. She while shouting started to beat the man who was holding her and at the end bites him on wrist. And feeling the pain of sharp teeth the man left her and she instantly went towards garima making her stand and then hugged her tightly. They were helpless and no body came to help.

This was the  another face of society they realised, "they would be very sweet infront of you but they will never stand by you in need". Garima tried hard to save her by hiding her behind but those men were more in no. One of them clutched garima too and the two men Started to drag khushi all more. She started to shout, she started to beat her hands and legs, tried to come anyhow of their hold but of no use. They dragged mercilessly.

When they were successful in dragging her out she saw her father, who was also trying to go to his small daughter, her tears had been dried of crying, her throat has been sored of continuous shouting and crying...

"Baba...baba save me I don't want to die..baba... Baba please save me..babaaa..."

Shashi has been broken down, he has no energy to stand properly he kneeled down. While bending head and crying in helplessness, they would be only demon who does not have any heart seeing this heart wrenching scene and doing injustice to that teenager girl. But they were blind with the society norms.

When they brought her near the dead body of the groom that's when anyhow shashi seeing his daughter face collected some strength and pushing the men he ran towards the Sarpanch of that area. He kneel down joining his hands in front of him and bending his head he said

"Please Sarpanch ji... Please don't do this to my daughter.... She is.. she is just 19... Please... She is just a child to face all these.. I beg you.. please I beg you"

Sarpanch was a man who was fond of shashi. He liked him because of his good works, and many a times whenever he needed shashi was always there to help. But the rules are rules and it should be followed which their past senators made. He made her stand and then told