001

Sleep, Wake up, Eat, & Work

Sleep, Wake up, Eat, & Work. That's usually how my days would start now and even back then. Though, unlike my current self, I was a lot more "mature" back then. As a child, and like any little sibling, I've always admired my big sister (S/n) Kanroji. I adored how confident and serious she was. That no matter what challenge faced her she would never deter and push forward through it, at least not until she gotten sick. I loved it so much so —that I gradually tried to be just like her.

Being a smart kid and having a mom who thought ever so highly of us, seemed like it was mandatory to do anyway. I would set aside my toys and gaming systems for my school work, decline anyone who wanted to hang out with me. I even stopped eating my favorite sweets and at vegetables as a snack instead, as I came to the conclusion that eating stuff like that was for babies. Which I'll definitely admit, was childish even for a six year old to do.

I also won't deny that being serious and working so diligently was quite hard for me at times. While it was beneficial in some factors, I didn't like how it felt like I was burying my old self. Every now and then I would find myself getting hyper or enamored by one of my interests. And each time I'd pull back and force myself to forget it entirely. This process continued, until a certain day, where I wasn't able to contain it.

I remember exactly how it went. I was walking back home with some art supplies in hand. Being the little artist that I was, ready to finish the current drawing she created. The bright ray of light shining down on her, but only the distance of a second one caught her attention. Stopping. I darted my eyes over to this group of guys. Judging from their statures I estimated that they were middle schoolers.

Also the scrunches and mean mugs on each of their face were clear signs that they weren't any kind of social butterflies. But I wasn't too focused on that. What really caught my attention was the Nintendo 64 the middle boy had in his hands. By how clean and fresh it looked I'd say he had recently bought it.

My fingers trembled in anticipation and my lips slightly parted. It hadn't been long since the system along with the games that came with it came out, and I had been dying to have or at least see one in person. I know I had my personal drive going on but I truly didn't have much strength to control my thirst for it.

I made my way over towards the group. Arms shaking unconsciously at their presence, and politely cleared my throat to get their attention. When that didn't work I decided upon using my words.

(Y/n):Um, e-excuse me?

Acknowledging my existence, they peered down at me and sneered. Obviously unhappy that some munchkin ass kid interrupted their little session. At least that's what it seemed like they were thinking.

Middle Schooler 1:HuH? And just what the hell do you want kid?

(Y/n):Sorry, I didn't mean to intrude. It's just, well, I saw you playing your game and I was wondering if....I could take a look at it?

The sound of birds chirping was the only one there before a bunch of laughter conjoined with it. My eyes brows tilted in innocent confusion. That's weird, did I say something that was humorous to them? I never thought I was good at comedy.

Middle Schooler 1:AhAhAhAh! That's pretty fucking cute kid! Seriously though, I suggest you get you and your arts and crafts shit out of here if you know what's good for you

(Y/n):*frown* Oh...alright then...see you

The next few 30 seconds were still kinda a blur to me. One second I was being a good little girl and walking away from them. The next my supplies were placed on the ground and I was charging right back to them. My goal was to snatch the game from the boy and look at it for just a moment before returning it back. That was what haunted my head and vision. Which is why it felt weird when my body quickly maneuvered from the random balled fists heading at me. And my hands gripped and pinched at shoulders and neck skins, my elbows in stomachs, as well as my feet in some shins.

Also how I managed to find a comfy pile to rest on, that purple and blue butterflies had swarmed around for some reason, as I admired and played the gaming system before me. The game inside was one of the new Legend of Zelda ones and I thought the graphics and gaming fluidity definitely made it worth both things worth the wait!

(Y/n):Eeee! This is amazing, it's just like how they described it on tv! I can't believe I was gonna miss out on this!

"Wow! That was pretty awesome what you did there"

Pulled out of my zone by the voice, I looked upward to see who it belonged to. It was another kid like me except he appeared to be a year older. He had short smooth blonde hair that I already wanted to touch. A black shirt with white stripes on the sleeves, gray air force shoes, with pants to match.

Mikey:*smile* Hi there. The names Manjiro Sano, but you can simply call me Mikey

(Quick A/n, for those wondering, the readers fighting style is basically Ty Lee's style from the last Airbender. In which she targets the users pressure points which leaves them paralyzed and unable to move. She prefers fighting this way because, at it will be explained in the story, she is a bit of a pacifist and doesn't want to fatally injure people. Because due to her strength, she seriously can.)

(Also this is what her sister looks like, the one with long hair, and yes it was intentional)