Ice Pick

"Dakota?" Dakota hears her parents softly talking behind her, "Kota can we talk?" Her dad asks softly as he and his wife walk in her room

"Dakota?" Dakota hears her parents softly talking behind her, "Kota can we talk?" Her dad asks softly as he and his wife walk in her room. Dakota turns around to see both of them staring at her, "I guess." She mutters.

"Kota-" "Dakota if you know where Isaac is, sweetie it's best if you tell us." Dakota raises her eyebrows at her mother's caring tone. It seems she's not the only one surprised by it as her dad is also shocked.

Dakota can't ignore it forever. After the news of Isaac came out, her parents were angry at her for talking to the sheriff without them around, but her father quickly got over it when he realized she was devastated.

"No, no. I have no idea where he is." Dakota whispers as both of her parents sit on either side of her. "I just - I wish he would come home," Dakota's voice cracks, "I want to help clear his name so people know he's innocent."

Daphne sighs as she grabs her daughter's hands, silently wishing the same thing. She knew Isaac's mother and at teams treated both of the Lahey boys like her own sons. "He'll come home. He has too." Daphne softly turns her daughter's face wiping away her tears, "If he does contact you, you have to let us know so we can keep him safe."

"I will. But I doubt he'll try and get in contact with me." I talked to him an hour ago, Dakota thinks to herself, "He's probably hiding somewhere," Partly true. "But I promise I'll tell you." Lie.

"I'm going to check on dinner." Daphne whispers before softly kissing her daughter's head and leaving. "Kota, you know if there is anything going on - anything at all, you can tell me." Michael tells her as Dakota nods, "I know daddy."

"Well aren't you the girl who cried wolf?"

Dakota's head snapped up to see her brother standing right at her door. "What?" She asks as he walks closer to her, "You're hiding something Kota. Something is up with you. You've been moodier and more agitated."

"Henry, I'm fine." Henry hums as he stands in front of her, "What do you want?" Dakota groans. "I'll hide from them that you've been talking to Isaac and you'll owe me one."

"Kids! Dinner." Dakota and Henry snap their heads to the side as they hear they dad call for them. "Deal." Dakota tells him as Henry walks out of her room.

She looks down at her hands to see her claws poking out as her palms are now bloody. Deep breaths. She whispers to herself as she looks over to see a picture of her and Isaac when they were younger. Deep breaths.

🦎

"I so don't want to do this." Dakota mutters as her and Erica Reyes stand back watching Scott and Allison climb the rock wall. "There has to be a way for us to get out of it." She groans. She tilts her head as she listens to Scott and Allison flirting, instantly regretting her decision.

"Erica?" Dakota calls out as she looks over to the blonde staring nervously, "Are you okay?" Erica nods as Dakota can sense the fear off of her, "You know you can get out of this right?"