chapter 6

"XIAO YOU DUMBASS," Hu Tao runs over in a storming rage to Xiao, who was resting peacefully on a bench before class. He got startled by the sudden yelling of his name and darted his head around to find the source.

Xiao's eyes widened, he didn't understand why Hu Tao was so upset at this hour, "Why are you-"

He gets cut off by Hu Tao pulling on his cheeks, "YOU DUMBASS YOU KISSED VENTI ON STREAM AND NOW HIS MANAGER IS ON HIS ASS ABOUT IT, AND YOU MADE HIM SAD,"

"What the hell, how do you know about his manager," Xiao tried to speak although his cheeks were being stretched.

"Because I told her," Kazuha appears from behind Hu Tao, seemingly from nowhere.

"What the hell is going on," Xiao grabs Hu Tao's wrists to stop her from pulling on him anymore.

Kazuha sighs, "You kissed Venti on stream and people started clipping it, and I presume that Venti's manager got a hold of it. She called him this morning chewing him out about it, but he didn't seem to care about it too much,"

"But Hu Tao said he was sad?"

"He was sad that you said you didn't like the kiss, he said to me, 'If Xiao didn't like the kiss then why did he pull me in first and why did he grab my waist'. It just made him self conscious, and he started overthinking,"

Hu Tao frantically waves her arms around, trying to push him but still stuck in his grip, "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU KISSED HIM AND LIED TO HIM LIKE THAT,"

"Venti was even more confused because you gave him your hoodie too," Kazuha adds.

Hu Tao struggles more, "WHAT THE HELL THATS LIKE COUPLES 101, ARE YOU DUMB?"

"Alright, alright, I get it, I fucked up, but what would you do in that situation?"

"UM, I WOULD TELL THEM HOW I FEEL, AND I WOULD TELL THEM THE TRUTH,"

Xiao lowers Hu Tao's wrists and his head "I can't do that,"

"Are you too afraid of rejection? If so there's nothing you need to worry about, Venti has told me everything," Kazuha reassures him.

"I just don't know what to do," Xiao looks down at the floor in shame.

"We could help you Xiao," Hu Tao offers.

Xiao shrugs, "I guess,"

Kazuha chuckles a mischievous chuckle, "I don't know, but if you don't make a move soon, I think I'll have to intervene,"

"What are you talking about?" Xiao squints his eyes.

"Oh what great timing, Venti's coming over now," Hu Tao smirks.

Xiao's eyes widened, he couldn't understand what Kazuha ment. Venti skips over to them and latches on to Kazuha's arm, "Good morning, Hu Tao," Venti turns and smiles at Xiao, "And good morning to you too, Xiao,"

Venti shakes Kazuha's arm, "Come on, Kazuha, let's go already,"

Xiao looks them up and down, his stomach dropped, his jealousy getting stronger, and the envy in his eyes becoming more evident.

"Alright, one moment," Kazuha walks up to Xiao and whispers in his ear, "Jealous yet?"

Xiao clenches his teeth and grabs the collar of Kazuha's shirt, "You little bitch," he hisses.

Kazuha chuckles, "Now, now, not in front of him," Kazuha gestures to Venti, who is talking to Hu Tao.

Xiao let's go of his collar, but shoots him a death glare, "Was this what you were talking about,"