Twelve

"Are you ready, Miss Mason?" Mr. King asked, his large hand planted firmly across both of her ass cheeks.

"What if I don't like it? What if I can't handle it? Will you continue? Will you continue to hurt me?" She asked, lifting her upper body to look up at him.

"I haven't sought out to hurt you, Miss Mason," he said sternly, his eyebrow furrowing, looking almost offended.

"You said it yourself – this is a punishment," she spat at him.

"One that will help you learn a lesson," he added, nodding in agreement.

"Well?" She sneered at him, using his same pushy question against him.

"We can use safe words, Miss Mason," he said evenly, adapting quickly to her inquisition.

"Safe words?" She choked out.

Suddenly, images of dominatrix's dressed in head-to-toe shiny black leather with whips and ball-gags flashed through her mind. What kind of kinky shit was this man into? Then she remembered stumbling across his vast drawer of sexual instruments and she knew she got herself in deep with this one. Nevertheless, her insides quickened at the thought of it all.

"Yes. Safe words. They ensure your safety as well as mine," he explained.

"I know what safe words are," she snapped lightly and watched as his eyebrow quirked with intrigue.

"I-I've never used them," she elaborated quietly.

"Have you ever set them in motion during a sexual experience?" He questioned.

"No," she told him honestly.

"Hmm," he hummed, licking his lips as he looked down at her.

Katherine wanted to roll her eyes at him and his infuriatingly sexy tongue and mouth, but she was certain, with the mood he was in, it would only cause him to tack on an extra spank or two.

"We can set them in motion now, if it would make you feel more comfortable," he offered.

She took in a deep breath, and nodded her head, still not entirely sure about this whole spanking business.

"There are two very simple ones that I've used in the past, Miss Mason," he started.

Her insides clenched at the thought of him doing something like this with another woman. Jealousy raged up inside of her, even though she knew she was being absolutely ridiculous. He was her boss for Christ's sake! But of course, that fact didn't stop her from fucking him, now did it? Or getting naked for him to let him spank her...

Her life was one big clusterfuck. And she was constantly questioning each and every decision she made lately.

"Okay," she said quietly, continuing on with this fucked-up quest he was on.

"If you begin to feel like you're not going to be able to handle much more, Miss Mason, I want you to say 'yellow'," he explained.

"Like yield?" She asked him.

"Yes, like yield, Miss Mason," he answered.

"Let me guess. The next is 'red'?" She asked him with a scoff of a laugh.

He ignored the snark in her voice, which she didn't even have time to be grateful for because she was too busy feeling like a small child being punished by a sociopath.

"Yes, it is. And it is very important. 'Yellow' to slow, Miss Mason, and 'red' to stop completely," he continued to explain, even though she was pretty certain she understood the elementary concept.