Thirty-Three

"Miss Mason," she heard Mr. King's stern voice coming from the hallway outside of her bedroom. Shit. He sounded angry.

She had just gotten ready for bed in shorts and a t-shirt when she heard him. She quickly walked toward the door and opened it, seeing him standing in the dark hallway.

"Mr. King?" She questioned.

"Can I speak with you?" He asked firmly. She was so confused. He never came to her room like this.

"Um, sure," she said uneasily, noticing the red satin ties he held in his hands.

"Follow me," he instructed, turning to walk down the hallway.

"Uh, okay," Katherine agreed, shutting off her bedroom light before following him across the apartment.

She watched as he opened the door of the home gym and turned to let her in.

"In here?" She asked, looking at him skeptically.

"Yes, Miss Mason. In here," he said, barely even looking her in the eyes.

"Okay," she breathed, stepping into the large mirrored room.

Mr. King shut the door behind them and locked it. Her insides tightened, wondering what in the hell was going on. Why did he have satin ties in his hand? Was this her punishment? Was he going to strap her to the exercise bike and force her to work out?

"What is going on, Mr. King?" She asked, turning toward him as he stood by the door.

"Miss Mason, are you aware there are cameras in nearly every inch of this apartment?" He asked evenly. Her insides immediately knotted up. Oh, shit.

"N-no," she stammered.

"Every room but the bedrooms and bathrooms are monitored," Mr. King elaborated.

She was in deep shit. She knew it. She let Ethan kiss her. She kissed him back – after Mr. King specifically told her to stay away from him. But how – how did he find out so quickly? It was only a few hours ago.

But then it dawned on her. It must have been Mr. Roberts that told him.

Her stomach turned and she swallowed hard. If Mr. Roberts saw her and Ethan kissing in the kitchen, then there was no telling what else he'd seen – starting with the night Mr. King fucked her on the dining room table.

"Mr. Roberts—" She croaked out.

"I told him to keep an eye on Ethan while I was away," Mr. King told her.

"He's... he's seen everything, hasn't he?" She stammered, feeling almost betrayed.

"Everything?" Mr. King asked, narrowing his eyes at her.

"Yes, everything," she spat angrily at him.

"He sees what needs to be seen, Miss Mason," he retorted.

"Including you fucking me on your dining room table... and your desk... and against your office door? And you fingering me in the kitchen," she snapped at him, feeling absolutely sick to her stomach.

"He only sees what needs to be seen, Miss Mason," Mr. King snapped back at her.

"Fuck. I didn't sign up for this," Katherine grumbled under her breath, feeling absolutely violated.

"I assure you that every single person on my staff has signed the same NDA you have," he told her evenly.

"That's beside the fucking point, Harrison!" She yelled at him, feeling so much anger.