Chapter Eleven

I wake up and I instantly feel sad. I can't help it. Especially when the events of last night took place. A part of me regrets what I did, but an even bigger part is pleased and that terrifies me.

I get up and my arm is a little stiff. Which is to be expected.

For my outfit today, I wear black skinny jeans and a Panic! At The Disco sweatshirt with a tank top underneath. And some black vans I had laying around.

I'm not looking forward to today. Or any day really. Life is just overwhelming.

I go downstairs and Ty is eating a bowl of cereal. I sit down next to him and wait until he's done. "Are you going to get something?" he asks me.

"Um, no.. I'm not really hungry." I lie.

"Zoe, get something to eat. I don't care if you're 'not hungry'. You need to eat." He says. I don't object because I don't feel like arguing with him.

I get a small bowl and fill it with a little bit of Golden Grahams. I sit down next to Ty again and start to eat. He gets up to put his bowl into the sink and grabs the box of Golden Grahams. He opens it up and pours more into my bowl. "Oops." He says sarcastically.

I sigh and just continue to eat. When I finish, I place my bowl in the dishwasher and grab my bag and head out to Ty's car.

We had a silent drive to the school. The only noise was the music playing on the radio. When we arrive at the school, I go to my usual place to wait in the morning. The bathroom.

There were girls in there doing their hair and makeup. I don't understand why they don't just do it at home.

I sit on the floor and go on tumblr until school starts. Tumblr is always relaxing for me. People are nicer to me on there than they are in real life.

I hear the school bell go off and actually cringe. I hate that sound so much.

I walk into my first period class and sit in my seat, waiting for the teacher to come in. Since we have this project, we have to sit with our partners. I am so lucky I get to sit by Ashton. (Note the sarcasm please and thanks)

Ashton came in a minute after I did and sat down in the seat rather angrily. This is gonna be a great day.

Our teacher walked in a few seconds before the bell rang again. He had a giant coffee in his hand and he looked quite happy. Well at least someone is happy.

"Okay, guys. Let's continue with this project." He says loudly. "I want you guys to work after school as soon as possible. This project is worth a big part of your grade." The class collectively groaned.

Ashton, on the other hand, just sat there and didn't say anything. "Sooo... Are you free after school today?" I ask him.

"I guess." He replies.

"Um.. Is it uh, better for you to work at your house or mine?"

"My house."

I really hate these short replies. "Okay, cool. So, uh, with this project, what did you have in mind exactly? I mean, I know you wanted to help single parents who are struggling, but what did you want to do exactly?"

"I don't know.. I was thinking about raising money for families who needed and doing food drives or something."

"That's a good idea, actually. We could also do a bake sale. And we could ask people around school if they'd like to help." I suggested.

"Yeah, that's good." He agreed. I'm glad he did because I couldn't think of anything better.

At this point, the teacher came to Ashton and me and asked what we were planning on doing. I explained to him what we just discussed and he liked it.