Chapter Twelve

hi my names abigail and I never update my fanfics bc I'm a terrible author wbu

oh y'all, read the author's note at the end cuz I got a question.

here's the chapter ig

-:-

"Uh, my dad left my family when I was younger and my mum struggled to support us."

"Oh.. I'm sorry." I really didn't know what to say. "So, if your dad left you, why did you say that stuff about my dad?"

He was silent for a minute before he answered. "I don't know.. You just seemed like an easy target I guess."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

We sat in an awkward silence for a long time. I took this time to look around his room to see what kind of stuff he has. It had what a typical teenager would have. A stereo, a bunch of CDs next to it, clothes scattered on the ground, and an old drum set in the corner.

"You play the drums?"

"Yeah, it's just something I do in my free time."

And again we had an awkward silence. Ashton was about to say something, but his mums voice called for him. He sighed and got up to see what she wants. When he was gone, I put my stuff back into my bag. I started to put it back on when he walked in.

"My mum was wondering if you'd like to stay for dinner."

"Oh. Yeah sure." I awkwardly replied and put my bag back down.

"It's almost ready. We can go out and wait in the living room if you want." I nod and follow him out to his living room. The hallways had pictures of him and his siblings when they were younger. I'm not going to lie, Ashton was a cute kid. Too bad he's an asshole, otherwise he'd be slightly tolerable.

When we got to the living room, Ashton's brother was laying on the couch playing a game on the Xbox. I don't know what game it is, but it's one about war.

" Are you really playing Call of Duty?" Ashton asks his little brother as he pushed his feet off the couch.

"It's fun!" His brother defends.

"Yeah sure." Ashton laughed. Like, a genuine laugh. And it was really fucking cute. (a/n this is completely unrelated but I just ate dinner and I'm still hungry)

Ashton's brother seemed to have noticed me awkwardly standing and listening to their conversation. "Who's this?"

Ashton looked over at me and he kind of looked surprised. He must've forgotten I was here. Thanks. "Oh, that's Zoe." Ashton answered for me.

"I'm Harry." His brother smiled at me. I awkwardly waved and smiled back.

"You can sit down if you want." Ashton said. The only unoccupied seats were the one by Ashton and the empty love seat. I went with the latter option because I really didn't want to sit next to Ashton.

I watched Ashton and his brother interact. He was so different than what he's like at school. At school he was a complete asshole. But with his brother, he actually has a heart and seems like he's nice to everyone. I wish he was like this all the time.