Chapter Six

I wake up, still in the closet. My body hurts too much to move. I slowly get up and I feel bile coming up my throat. I grab the nearest bucket and vomit in it. I didn't have anything to clean it up with, so I just left it with a note that says "I'm really sorry. I got sick and I couldn't clean it up."

I grab my phone and check the time. Fifth period ends in thirty minutes. "Shit," I say and quickly leave the closet. I've been asleep for over an hour. I shouldn't say 'asleep' because I didn't voluntarily fall asleep. It was more like, 'beaten until I've passed out'.

I walked pass the bathroom on the way to fifth period. I might as well just go in there. I'm already late, it doesn't matter that I'm a few more minutes late.

In the bathroom, I fix my hair and make up. I have a bruise on my hairline from the kick Michael gave me. My hair covers it enough where nobody will notice. I rinse out my mouth because I still taste my vomit. After that, I look at my arms. They have bruises that are in the shape of hands. I didn't bring a jacket today. Normally, people don't expect to be beaten up at school.

I get to my fifth period class when there was twenty minutes left. Everyone looked at me when I walked in. Including Kendall. "Where were you?" The teacher asks.

"I wasn't feeling well. I'm sorry."

"Do you have a note?" I shook my head and he nodded. "All right. Take your seat. I grab my guitar and sit next to Kendall.

"Hey, where were you?" Kendall asks.

"I said I wasn't feeling well." I say and grabbed my music book. After I put it on the stand, Kendall grabs my wrist and looks at my arm.

"'Wasn't feeling well' my ass. What the hell happened?"

"Take a wild guess." Kendall looked pissed now.

The class ended and Kendall walked me to my sixth period class. He stopped me before I walked in my class. "Do you have plans tonight?"

"Not that I know of. Why?"

"My moms making dinner and inviting family over. I was wondering if you'd like to come over and join us for dinner?"

"I would love to." I smile.

-:-

Thankfully, Ty didn't notice how I'd barely moved in the car. He would've asked, and I wouldn't know how to explain it.

Right now, I'm getting ready for the dinner at Kendall's. I curled my hair this time. I've only curled my hair a couple of times before, but I don't think Kendall has ever seen it.

I dress in black skinny jeans and a bright pink shirt. It's pretty plain, but it's just a dinner with his family.

I checked my phone and I had a text message from Kendall.

Kendall (New message): hey I'm almost at your house.

I done reply because he sent that a few minutes ago. He might be here now. I go downstairs and wait for him to get here. He arrives within two minutes. I open the door before he can get out of his car. I reach the door to his truck and struggle to get in. His truck is high up, which that means I have to move my stomach a lot to get in. I hide the pain on my face with a smile and look at him. He gladly returned the smile.

The car ride was silent besides the random album that was playing. The ride ended quickly. Kendall got out and half jogged to my side of the truck and helped me down. How he grabbed me squeezed my stomach, which made me want to scream. I bit my lip so I wouldn't make a noise.

Kendall, thankfully, doesn't notice my pain. He grabbed my hand and interlocked our fingers. After that, he lead me inside. His mom was the first to great me. Then his cousins who look around the ages of six, twelve and fourteen.

"Is this your friend you were talking about?" The six year old asks.

"Yes, she is my friend,"

"She's pretty." He said and ran away. Kids are weird.

I waved to the other two. "Hi, how are you?"

The fourteen year old smiled and said "I'm good. How are you?"

"I'm well, thank you for asking," I smiled at him. I look over at the twelve year old and he didn't say anything.

"He's going through that phase guys go through in middle school, don't mind him." Kendall whispered in my ear. I remember that phase. It was so annoying. "You look amazing, by the way." He said and I blushed.

Kendall takes me to his living room where his aunt, uncle and dad are talking. We sit on the couch that's meant for two people. Shortly after we sat down, the six year old comes over. "Can I sit there?" He pointed in between Kendall and I.

"Josh, leave them alone." His dad said.

"No, it's fine." I say and scoot over so he can have room. Josh smiled and took the seat.

"What's your name?" He asks.

"My name's Zoe."

"How old are you?"

"I'm seventeen in three months."

"You're old." He made a face. "I'm seven." I was a year off, damnit. "Are you dating Kendall?"

I look at Kendall before answering, "No. I'm not dating Kendall." After I finished that sentence, the fourteen year old walked in. He's not like most kinds his age.

"If you're not dating Kendall, then who're you dating?" Josh asks.

"I'm not dating anyone."

"Why?"

"Boys are gross." I answered the way I knew a kid would understand.

"Dinner is ready!" Kendall's mom called from the kitchen. We all go to the dining room where the food is. There were name cards on plates. Kendall sits directly across me, Josh on my right and Tray, who is either the fourteen year old or the twelve year old.

When I sit down the fourteen year old sits by me. So he's Tray and the other one is Grayson.

I kept catching Kendall staring at me throughout the dinner. The dinner finally ended. "Hey, mom, mind if I take a walk with Zoe?" Kendall asks.

"No, go ahead." She says and smiles.

Kendall grabs my hand and drags me outside. When we're outside, Kendall takes me to the tree we hung out at as kids.

We stood in silence as he played with my fingers. "I really like your hair like that." He whispers.

He interlocked our fingers and put our hands by our sides, which caused him to come closer to me. He leaned down so he could kiss me. It started off as a slow kiss, but quickly deepened. His tongue hit my mouth, asking for an entrance. I let him because he knows what he's doing, but I don't.

When he pulled away, he gently bit my bottom lip and pulled it. He let go and rested his forehead against mine. "We're not even dating." He laughed.

"Why don't we try?" I suggested.

He smiled one of the biggest smiled I've ever seen. He didn't answer verbally. Instead he answered by kissing me again.

-:-

A/N

I ship them too hard. Like holy shit otp. Are they your otp bc

Every time they kiss I scream bc aw

QOTC: What grade are you in?

I'm a freshman which is like year 8 in like England and Australia I think lol idk

Hey updated in like three days. You should be proud omg that'll probably never happen again. Unless a get bored.

Thank you for reading! Vote/Comment/Share?

I love you 💜

-Abigail