Chapter 7

Authors note: If you like my story please vote and comment. It lets me know that you enjoy the direction it is going in and is really encouraging. Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Enjoy!

Chapter 7

The Noah gossip continued in the hallway and for the rest of the day. By the time I got to Drama, 

I felt like I could create a short Wikipedia article on the guy.

Noah Ryans. 19. Returned to finish his senior year after failing his first shot at it while at a military academy, currently under parole. His father is a wall street wolf, and his mother a retired model. They both remarried. His dad to another model, his mother to an admiral.

His dad bought the school a whole new wing AND a new library that would be built in the next five years as a thank you for allowing their delinquent son to come back into society. Basically, your typical entitled private school kid.

When I got to the auditorium for Drama, I took my usual seat in my empty auditorium aisle and took out a book as I waited for the teacher to arrive.

The professor was about to begin after a long battle with the microphone stand when Noah arrived late. He swaggered in with a leather jacket and cigarette tucked in behind his ear. I recognized him immediately. The guy from the party.

'What an idiot,' I thought to myself. Our drama teacher wasn't back yet, but her co-teacher was. 

She hurried Noah's entrance along and indicated that he could take a seat next to me.

Suddenly, I didn't feel so great about having an empty seat next to me.

He strode over to me and sat down with a loud plop. His legs spread out in front of him, then he leaned over and smiled.

"The fates keep bringing us together," he said, his voice teasing.

"Fates, satan, what's the difference?" I muttered.

"You're new to this school," he said, looking me up and down.

"I was here last year."

"Still makes you new. Everyone here has known each other since the diaper days." His voice was raspy.

I let out a breath in a way that indicated he could think whatever he wanted to think; I wasn't arguing with him.

"So what? Parents, are billionaires buying a penthouse in the city?"

"Nope. I'm a scholarship kid."

"Really?" He said, surprised, and gave me a crooked smile.

"Really," I echoed back.

"Huh," He said, looking me up and down again.

"What?" I asked, already annoyed.

"Nothing, just, it's very curious."

I rolled my eyes, he was bating me, and I was taking it, "What is?"

"That you and preppy fucked around. Usually, his royal highness only fucks with trust-fund babies."

"Every guy in this room can fit that description. I have no idea who you're talking about," I said, lacing my fingered together and giving him a tight smile.

"Your blushing tells me you know exactly who I am talking about."

"You sound jealous. Do you want his number or something?"