Chapter 28

Chapter 28

When I woke up again, I was upside down. The world was both spinning and moving up and down at the same time. It made my stomach feel as if it were being turned inside out.

"Im going to throw up," I groaned and was met with a sudden stop in movement. I felt strong hands pull me down to sit me what I realized were steps in a stairwell, and I looked up to see Robbie looking concerned.

"Lia, what the hell did you take?" He asked, cupping my face with his large hand.

"I don't know, but make the room stop spinning," I groaned, holding on to his wrist.

He sighed, and I felt his hand smooth the hair at the back of my head, "are you going to throw up?"

I shook my head. "No. I don't think so. I think I'm feeling better; I think it was being upside down."

"Do you think you can make it upstairs? Can you hold yourself up a little, and I can carry you differently?" He asked.

I nodded and then winced, instantly regretted the motion.

He pulled my arms around his neck and picked me up while holding my thighs.

"Don't barf on me, Cee," he said into my hair, and I closed my eyes and laid my head on his shoulder.

He had a fire going in his room, and it was so lovely and warm, I almost let out a whine when he walked past it. He eased the door of his bathroom open with his foot and placed me down on the cold marble tile my back propped against his bathtub.

I groaned into my hands as Robbie started taking off my shoes. My head lolled back on the edge of his tub; it felt like it weighed two tons.

"Robbie! I've been looking for you!" I heard a high-pitched voice say. I lifted my head up with strength I did not know I had.

It was the girl again, the one on his bed. She was unrealistically beautiful. Seriously why were rich people so good-looking? How was that even fair?

"This party is so loud!" she said and then frowned when she noticed me.

"Oh no, is your cousin okay?" She asked, her eyes wide, "Oh did you have those brownies? A few kids went home feeling so sick from them."

"Viviana, I need you to leave,"

"Baby, this party is boring, and none of my friends came," she said, pouting.

"Baby?" I asked and looked up at him.

I had a flash of seeing them both together, and that did it. I felt the little food I had eaten make its way up and out into the toilet next to me.

"Jesus," Robbie said and scooped up my hair. When I finished, I leaned back against the edge of the tub and tried to calm down my stomach by breathing deeply through my nose.

"Better?" He asked softly, pulling a strand of sweaty hair off my forehead. I had a brief moment of sobriety after I finished and cringed at myself. Suddenly, it dawned on me that I was in Robbie's bathroom looking like a mess while he had that girl in a guest room. I just threw myself at him, and he pushed me off, I don't know how many times. I felt like a total creep.

I leaned over again and felt another wave come up.

"Oh my goodness," I heard her say, and I didn't have to look at her to know she was grimacing in disgust.

"Viviana—"

"Okay, I'm going, but can we watch a movie afterward? I've been bored all day."

"Bye, Viviana," he said, his voice stern. I heard her gasp before leaving. Then heard his door slam behind her.