Chapter 61 (Robbie)

Chapter 61 (Robbie)

I lay down on my bed over the covers. After a few minutes, there was a soft rap on my door.

"No."

"It's me," Maria said.

I sighed, rubbing my face with my hands, "come in."

I felt her weight on the mattress when she sat down and felt her hand on my leg under my knee, "Robbie, please tell me what happened."

"I was a dick to Lia, and Viviana is off the rails crazy."

"Robbie, why?"

"I don't know. It runs in her psycho family?"

"No. Why were you mean to Lia?"

"Because it's easier to push her away than deal with her being close enough to touch and not being able to."

"So you want her to hate you?" she asked, her green eyes narrowing in confusion. 

"If it means never having to speak to her again, yes."

Her eyes softened, "Robbie."

"Tell me the truth," I said, looking at her, "is she sleeping with Justin?"

I don't know why I couldn't let it go. I thought obsessively about her Noah, and now that I knew it wasn't real, Justin replaced him.

"Not that I know of. I think he just kissed her. I know he asked her out, and I believe she said yes. Is that what that was today? A jealous fit?"

I rubbed my eyes.

"Yes," I admitted.

"Robbie, you broke up with her. You can't get like this. She's going to date again. It's not fair for you to make her feel bad when she's done nothing wrong."

"But so soon?"

"It's been almost two months, and now is when she's starting to see someone else. That's not so soon."

"I can't handle seeing her with someone else, Mar. I can't. I feel as if I'm losing my grip on reality."

"That's not your choice, little brother. She's her own person."

"I feel as if I'm being punished because I wanted her safe. Every time a guy even speaks to her, I just jump to conclusions. I imagine myself doing horrible things to him. It's so ridiculous, and I hate it."

"I'm so sorry, Robbie, and I'm so sorry they still follow her."

I took my arm off my eyes.

"What?" I asked, sitting up, "why would they do that. We're no longer together."

"I don't know."

"How do you know? Did she tell you?"

She gave me a funny look, "Yes."

"What the actual fuck Maria? Why wouldn't you tell me this?"

"Are you serious?" She said, standing up. "I told you three weeks ago."

"No. You didn't."

"Yes, I did, and you told me to fuck off."

I frowned, trying to remember what the fuck she was talking about.

The day of the interview.

I was so upset over Ted being a creep it didn't even register.

I shook my head, "How long, who?"