Chapter 38

Chapter 38

This chapter has spice. 

We kissed for I don't know how long, and after some time, Robbie's hand found its way up my shirt. Its ascent was slow and teasing. Between that and his kisses, it's a wonder I could even process any type of thinking. Soon his hand found my breast outlining its shape. Running his thumb over the center.

"Want to take my shirt off?" I asked against his mouth.

"Hmm, love, we need to talk," he said.

"Now?" I asked.

My hands stroked the sides of his face. His eyes were the color of cedar trees after it rains. A dark even green. His pupil took up most of the real estate in his eyes. I wondered if mine looked big as well.

Probably, I wanted him badly. 

"I need to know what this is. I don't like not knowing with you; I've gotten my heart crushed a little too many times at this point," he said, smiling but in a humorless tone.

I felt a stabbing sort of feeling in my chest, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean—"

"I know, love," he said, his thumb rubbed the exposed skin on my hip where my shirt had ridden up.

"I crushed my own heart, too," I said.

"I know," he said softly, "which is why we need to flesh everything out."

I knew he had a point, but I didn't want to leave the warmth of his body. He didn't really give me a choice; Sitting up, he pulled me up with him.

"You had questions for me the night of the party," he said, playing with the edge of my pillow.

"That girl," I said, and embarrassingly my voice caught in my throat.

"Means nothing to me," he said, meeting my eyes.

"But you know are you with... I mean, you've been with girls while they have meant nothing."

"No, I'm not sleeping with her. I will forever be in debt to Abigail for being such an ass to her when we were together. The only thing I did right was that I never was with her when I was in love with another girl. As soon as I felt anything for you, I ended it completely. I'm not going to start something with someone when I know I will be thinking about you the entire time. It's not fair to them or myself."

"Then why did she call you that?"

He let out a puff of air, "I couldn't answer that with a hundred percent certainty, but I think it's because she thought you were a part of my family."

"What?"

"I don't know how the idea occurred to her, but she thinks you're my cousin," he said, pulling at the hair tie at the bottom of my braid.

"Well, I know that, but why would she call you that in front of your family?" I asked.

"We're pretending to date."

"You're pretending to date," I repeated slowly, "why?"

"To get our families off our back. My grandmother is persistent that we date since her mother is interested in purchasing some of our land in Brazil."

"Okay," I said, trying to keep my voice even.

"I mean, it's just pretending. We don't kiss or anything."

"Or anything?"

"Like you know, more than kissing," he said, his ears becoming pink again.

"So you just say you're dating?"